WTB or WTD A Gold Gillette Rocket

Cash waiting

This is the Razor i am after, (dont Need A Case)

1959%20%28E3%20on%20blade%29%20Presentation%20Set%20Rocket%20Gold%20England.JPG

There very expensive for a good 1 , you should have bought mine !!!
The gold on them is very thin , after about 10 shaves it starts to wear of
I shaved with mine twice, shaved the same as a normal rocket ,
nice central piece for a display, but no good as a regular razor ,
Good luck in your quest
How did you enjoy the voskhod blades i sent you ?

antdad said:
If I recall you've got plenty FT's, get one gold plated.

Funny You should say that, i have just Been looking at Razor Emporium's Gold plating service, i now have a Few English Rockets so when the case for this arrives, if i can clean the outside up well then i will send a Rocket to be plated to make the set.

:icon_razz:

(then sell it on flea bay for a fortune !!!)

Pocket size gold plating is pretty straight forward, I haven't looked but I bet you could get it done locally or at least in the UK fairly easily.

sunburyboy93 said:
antdad said:
If I recall you've got plenty FT's, get one gold plated.

Funny You should say that, i have just Been looking at Razor Emporium's Gold plating service, i now have a Few English Rockets so when the case for this arrives, if i can clean the outside up well then i will send a Rocket to be plated to make the set.

:icon_razz:

(then sell it on flea bay for a fortune !!!)

R.E's reputation is not that good, there is a good place in the USA called Reliable Plating. They charge $55.00 for a double gold plate + P&P to the uk and they take Paypal. I have a razor on the way to them at the moment, if you are in no rush and want to wait a few weeks until mine arrives back I will let you know how it turns out.........

BlkKnight said:
Do you know if they do a full disassemble or plate assembled (as per RE)?

They are not taking mine apart but that is my choice, I don't want to take a chance on anyone pulling apart a 50 year old razor that is working perfectly. As they plate using a bath the plating will get into pretty much all of the razor anyhow. Dave at Safety Razors did a piece on this on B&B and seems to think Gillette plated the razors assembled and he plates all his razors assembled as well. Oh forgot to add the R.P. laquer the razor after plating as well. But as they say it's your choice.......:angel:

The only thing to really bother about is the surface finish. I hadn't read Dave's piece but I suspected as much, I can't see how dissassembly would improve the end result greatly.

Back
Top Bottom