Would this work?

Personally when it comes down to irritation you can't beat a straight, takes forever to become good with one but you get rewarded with far superior shaves once you do.

Ever thought of giving a super iridium blade a go, very sharp and very smooth it's my favourite as my skin can get irritated at times.

True just thought id plant a seed.

Im not saying a de can be irritation free far from it, i get great close shaves from my futur, still not irritation free but pretty good in the scheme of things.

What about an se razor, some people swear by the micromatics and the 1912's and can be had for silly money if you're prudent.

antdad said:
Maybe D.E users should learn how to shave with their opposite hands as some straight users do? It would be good practice.

I think you are onto something here Tony. I am abidextrous & I have perfected my technique over time. Here recently i broke the middle & index finger of my right hand ( I am a bit stronger in the left, thankfully ) & I am shaving with one hand only at the moment.

The place where i notice the difference is the RHS of my neck, I have to stretch the skin more than i usually would to get the deirsed result.

I prefer to rinse with warm water before applying Alum. I do not see the point of closing the pores first. Clean up & rinse off with cold water.

And yeah, dont be shy with the after shave Andy. Give it thye old Enry Cooper & slap it on.

fozz77 said:
And yeah, dont be shy with the after shave Andy. Give it thye old Enry Cooper & slap it on.

I recall doing just that with aftershave in my younger day and I can give you some cautionary words... avoid the nippular area. Aftershave on there stings like blazes for about 3-4 hours... and I only had a misplaced oversplash rather than full-blown application.

hunnymonster said:
fozz77 said:

I recall doing just that with aftershave in my younger day and I can give you some cautionary words... avoid the nippular area. Aftershave on there stings like blazes for about 3-4 hours... and I only had a misplaced oversplash rather than full-blown application.

Is that post piercing or chest shave? :lol:

Nipple sting eh?

After Brut fight with brother, said AS trickles down back and crack and onto ones ring piece. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

antdad said:
Nipple sting eh?

After Brut fight with brother, said AS trickles down back and crack and onto ones ring piece. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ouch, man thats gonna hurt.

I accidentally got some Aqua Velva on my nip the other week was cold yet stingy at the same time ;)

antdad said:
Nipple sting eh?

A case of the red arse AKA Japanese flag :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Simply youthful exuberance in splashing it around the face & neck - some stray oversplash landed on the nippular are and it stung for ages. Thence forth A/S become known as "Nippleburner"

i have never managed to do that...I did once manage to catch the edge of the tap with a loaded toothbrush, colgate in the eye stings like a bastard.

Starting to sound like "Bathroom Misshaps 101"

One of my mates had a close call many years ago which reminded me to always wear boxer shorts or have a towel round your waist when shaving.

According to him it was a very close call

:shock:

Was in the 'body care' aisle last week at the supermarket with SWMBO. One of the body washes had 'coconut' written on it. She likes coconuts and so i lifted the lid and put it under her nose and said "smell this". She couldn't smell anything so I gave it a gentle squeeze and a big dollop of the stuff jumped out and went into her eye. She let out the biggest scream I have ever heard and I absolutely cra**ed myself. Then she started crying with the stuff stilll visible inside her eye lid and her eye turning very red, and very quickly. These blokes started looking over as if I had attacked her or something. I put my arm around her and tried to find somewhere to rinse the stuff out. The lad at the in-store pharmacy was absolutely useless. After a few minutes I found the Gents/Ladies. She went in and I waited outside for what felt like a life time.

Damn you Radox!

I guess it's good to get these painful experiences out the way early in our married life.

Oh, and, I agree with Fozz; toothpaste in the eye hurts! This happens to me quite a lot. I use one of them Braun electric toothbrushes and this Sensodyne (yep, this one works) sensitive teeth toothpaste/gel that comes in a d*ldo-shaped cannister. I somehow always manage to flick the bristles of the brush head when dispensing the sensodyne gel and a tiny amount of the gel gets 'flicked back' into my eyes. I think, on a subconscience level, I am doing it on purpose. Kind of like when you know those rectangular shaped-batteries will sting your tongue if you lick them, but you keep doing it.

A few years ago, I was the first to try out this 'standing shower' my dad had got. It's a free-standing unit that you just place in the bathroom. It has a little seat for my mom. Anyway, the first time I got in, I was having a great time. Using the 'overhead' shower in the roof of the unit - just like a gym shower. Messing around with the steam function and radio (FM only). All of a sudden, there was a loud bang and then the glass 'walls' of the unit shattered all around me. I almost pis*ed my self. There I was, covered in lather, standing on the base of the unit with no walls around me and a MASSIVE pile of glass on the floor all around me. My folks heard the bang and came rushing up.
Turns out, the unit should have been installed right away. Instead, we had kept it lying on the floor of the living room for a month, which caused the circular glass 'walls' to move out of place.

Back
Top Bottom