World's Most Advanced Shaving System - FAIL!

So I was on the way home from work tonight and I get handed a free magazine called Shortlist.

There was a bit piece inside about Gillette Fusion and Gillette related products (can you guess where this is going?)

It got me thinking. It was over 3 years ago I last tried a Fusion razor and thought I'd give it a wee pop again. So I went in by the supermarket on the way home from work picked up a single fusion razor and one of their "advanced" shaving gels. (I know I know).

So I had a shower and prepped like I always do for a DE shave, Squirted out some of the gel, lathered up and off I went.

10 Minutes later and it's a sad story. My neck is burning like mad, I had more bleeding than I've had since the first days of DE shaving and It was a thoroughly unenjoyable experience. Hell, Im still left with stubbly patches all over my neck.

I look like a proper tool and, If im honest, I genuinely feel that after this abortion of a shave it could take up to 2 weeks for this damage & the ongoing ingrowing hairs that it is bound to cause to settle down. It was honestly that bad.

I like Gillette brush creams, certain Gillette DE blades and Gillette DE razors (hell even a Mach 3 at a push) but I swear on my mother's life. This will be the LAST time I will EVER use a fusion razor.

I have learnt from my lesson so you may wish to say "Andyjreid - FAIL!" but I stand by my Subject heading.

That will teach me not to read the date on the post! I thought you had linked to an older thread by you and decided to retry today!! :oops: Doh!

hunnymonster said:
Andy - you're like a stuntman for the team, looking like a monkey holding a fork with the Azor, exfoliating down to the dermis with the Fusion.... what's next on your madcap scheme?

Erm........ Im gonna create my own shaving website, put a link to it into my signature then whenever I post on here I will always post twice to get my post count up :roll:

I think the worst thing about the shave with a fusion is that you can't really see what you're doing. Whereas with a DE, even a big-ish one like a Futur, You can still see where you are cutting etc. I didn't feel comfortable using a fusion at all.

Just reading the bit in the magazine made me wonder "Are millions of men wrong?"

Id say its more like Millions of men just dont know any better... Because for years we have been told 'Advanced' = Better right?

6+ vibrating blades isn't advanced - its just overkill and lack of innovation.
Now.. A razor using Lasers, that would cover my requirements for advanced... Its 2010 Damnit - We should have these things by now.

Mind you, id still use my Merkur. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom