Wood and pepper

I have a thing for woody and peppery scents. A big thing. Any recommendations? I prefer the scent profile to contain both of the above, for example Midnight & Two- the cabin and TR Olibanum.

Thank you.

So far TR Olibanum is the only soap that hits that woody/pepper note perfectly IMO, got a good deal at SoloAfeitado. Midnight and Two, the cabin is a mix between the woody smell in Ikea and freshly ground black pepper divine. Hoping some more suggestions could better these two. Also I forgot to mention Mikes Orange and black pepper. Massive hit of orange with the pepper in the background, but when you rinse the face the black pepper is more apparent.

Hiya,

Couple soaps/creams y'all might enjoy with the first being Pens Blenheim Bouquet. I To my nose it's got a pine/pepper thing going on and the shaving cream is an excellent performer. Soaps are now kinda iffy from what I have read so be warned.

Next would be XPEC shaving cream if you can find the pre reformulated version.....can't speak for the newer stuff having never huffed it. This cream has a pepper/dirty rose thing that C&S tries to accomplish with the #88, but falls a bit short compared to XPEC. Great performance.

Martin

Last edited:
Hiya,

Couple soaps/creams y'all might enjoy with the first being Pens Blenheim Bouquet. I To my nose it's got a pine/pepper thing going on and the shaving cream is an excellent performer.

Next would be XPEC shaving cream if you can find the pre reformulated version.....can't speak for the newer stuff having never huffed it. This firm cream has a pepper/dirty rose thing that C&S tries to accomplish with the #88, but falls a bit short compared to XPEC. Great performance.

Martin

Hi Martin, I have tried the Blenheim Bouquet aftershave, but not the cream, I smell the woody notes you suggest, but more earthy than peppery tone. Will have to test out the cream. XPEC original, now I know the monkeys are looking for a shoulder.

XPEC original, now I know the monkeys are looking for a shoulder.

Oh heck, just put up a WTB post for a tub of the old stuff. Should be easy enough to come by. If you like pepper this is the deal. Well, you have to like rose also. Did I mention great performance?

Hope that helps.........

I thought to do a bit of research into this, Nishy - but the first thing I found was that there are six different pepper notes in perfumery. My second thought was that I'll watch the thread and see what comes up!

I thought to do a bit of research into this, Nishy - but the first thing I found was that there are six different pepper notes in perfumery. My second thought was that I'll watch the thread and see what comes up!
Couldn't agree more Carl, the three black pepper EO that I have tried (all being organic) are different to each other. It is that freshly ground or freshly milled black pepper scent, not one to make you sneeze. Almost like whole 'green' peppercorn, in the same vein as vetiver.

This mixed with oud, woods, basalmic in fact even with citrus is what I love. Olibanum with the pepper note of Mike's natural soaps is the idea.

Pepper with a sweetness or amber I have not distinctly found. Icolonialli rhubarb is somewhat amber with spice but not so sure about pepper. CF Lavender is again spicy, as it includes excellent wild lavender oils, but again not with pepper. Ogallala lime and peppercorn is good but doesn't last long on my skin. Guessing too much pepper EO would heat and irritate.

Last edited:
Oh heck, just put up a WTB post for a tub of the old stuff. Should be easy enough to come by. If you like pepper this is the deal. Well, you have to like rose also. Did I mention great performance?

Hope that helps.........
Yep its the rose that will be the issue Trumpers is fine, TOBS not so. After using Majmua attar, its all the rose one can handle!

Back
Top Bottom