Witch one is better?

I like the smell of fresh roses(does anyone elase)?.
After seeing Geo F Trumper Coral Skin Food (500 ml) at £36 I went in search for a cheaper option & found this boots Rose Water Cologne(400ml) for about £4.I do belive it's non alcaholic awsell,Would it do the same job as the geo f trumper? eg "after a shave seals the skin while also soothing, nourishing and moisturising the newly shaved skin".

Any reply would be gratefull
thank you

slrjona said:
I like the smell of fresh roses(does anyone elase)?.
After seeing Geo F Trumper Coral Skin Food (500 ml) at £36 I went in search for a cheaper option & found this boots Rose Water Cologne(400ml) for about £4.I do belive it's non alcaholic awsell,Would it do the same job as the geo f trumper? eg "after a shave seals the skin while also soothing, nourishing and moisturising the newly shaved skin".

Any reply would be gratefull
thank you

Hi, to save you pulling the trigger, if you pm me your address I can send you a 8ml sample of Coral Skin Food. To be honest I have best part of a 100 ml. I don't use it very often, you'll find reports of it leaving a sticky residue on here, which I find are true. It has a rose scent but it to me isn't the nicest of rose scents, luckily it soon wears off.

Apples and oranges really, the skin food is very much an expensive moisturiser or a balm, it's extremely thick and translucent, more of a modern type of product that aims to do a couple of things.
Cologne is just cologne, old school splash to close the pores and act as an antiseptic. It's not a moisturiser.

So it depends on what you want. If you just want a smell of roses, and if you like the Boots stuff, then go for the Boots stuff and maybe just use a cheap moisturiser like Vaseline.

Basically no, if it's a cologne it is not formulated to be used on freshly shaved skin, there is too much fragrance in it and I'd be very surprised if it was non alchoholic.

I've never liked skin food for the reasons given but Thayers produce a rose petal flavoured witch hazel.

http://www.iherb.com/Thayers-Rose-Petal-Witch-Hazel-with-Aloe-Vera-Formula-Alcohol-Free-Toner-12-fl-oz-355-ml/6792?at=0

http://www.boots.com/en/Botanics-Organic-Rosewater-Toner-150ml_51238/

If you're keen on Rose in a preparation which is good for the skin I'd recommend sending a P.M. to Professor Blighty on this forum. He makes up most of his products in a scent to suit for no extra cost & the prices are far less than anything you're likely to purchase from any major supplier.
I'm currently using soap, balsaam & witch hazel splash with a Cologne. So there should be something in the range of products which suits.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

antdad said:
Basically no, if it's a cologne it is not formulated to be used on freshly shaved skin, there is too much fragrance in it

IF it's named as a cologne correctly yes, but let's face it, some colognes are really aftershaves. The Boots ones tend to be aftershave splashes in all but name, they're not proper colognes per se. If it's the same range I'm thinking of that is.
Most "colognes" at the £4 mark are nothing of the sort. A £4 bottle contains a lot of alcohol and very little perfume.

antdad said:
and I'd be very surprised if it was non alchoholic.

Agreed there.

Yes perhaps, I've never used the range but I'd still opt for the toner or witch hazel over a cologne containing little fragrance or even CSF which is just glycerine + fragrance anyway.

Back
Top Bottom