Witch hazel

I'm quite sure it's technique that's letting me down but I started off with the irritation and I've not been amble to give it time to heal, originally after my shave I was using alum and nivea sensitive but on advice cut this out and my skin is improving, so below is my new routine:

Hot shower spending time rubbing my face.
On average using palmolive cream, bowl lathered with an EJ BBB (have got TOB creams, tried ingrams but it irritated me lots)
Have just changed from a DE89l to a murkur HD which I'm finding easier to use, I've a blade sample pack which I'm working through changing the blade after 2-3 shaves but sticking with 1 brand a week, I'm shaving with the grain once then across the grain once but this isn't particuly close on the neck.
Then a warm water rinse followed by a cold water rince.
Aftershave splash from next week

I think this may of strayed into the wrong forum now.

Hi Ids

Try not to get too stressed by this. I also have problems with my neck. If I try to get it really smooth all I get is ingrowing hairs, rash etc.
I've found that 2 passes WTG really helps, then XTG. I also found rubbing my face hard in the shower really caused me irritation after shaving. Your neck may be like mine, the hair grows in umpteen directions, it goes N-S on one side of my Adam's apple, E-W on the other. The 2 WTG passes help if you haven't shaved for a couple of days.
Take your time and think about the beard grain.

Back
Top Bottom