Wireless / Bluetooth speakers

Have 2 x Charge 3s and really they tick all boxes for me. Great sound with enough punchy base to fill a small room. Have them mostly linked as stereo (which BTW offers a very good channel separation) but sometimes its good to have music continuity from one room to another so use them in party mode.
Great choice with Charge 5s. You won't be dissapointed.

I've used Sonos, Bose and Mega boom but of the bunch these are the best...

Only used them for home use so the recharge facility doesnt get much use annoyingly it has a dedicated charging plug so you cant use USB to charge for portable use. I still use a pair of small Bose speakers when travelling and they give good sound quality and stand up to a lot of hard use on the road.

I'm a big fan of streaming music from my phone/tablet, and have been using a speaker costing £20 from Amazon for the last 5 years. Time for an upgrade.

Years ago when looking at speakers, Bose was always the brand to go for. Seems there are new kids on the block - such as Sonos and Bowers & Wilkins.

Wondering if any of the good folk of TSR use wireless speakers? I'm budgeting up to £400.

Cheers :)

I love the warm sound and retro look of my Marshall Kilburn II speaker.

Use it all the time when working out in my garage gym and ironing.

(Yep, you read that right).

Worth every penny and British-ish, I think.

I bought a Sony rechargeable bluetooth speaker a few years back for the same - listening around the house, in the garden, in the shower or bath (as its water resistant). Been really pleased with the detailed clear punchy sound, which is fine for low to medium volume levels i use it for.

The "Extra Bass" function has a dedicated switch which actually works really well when listening at low levels. Mine can be paired with one or more similar Sony speakers, to give a bigger sound, if needed and the newer model has the same functionality - so you can buy two if you want multi room / big garden sound.

This is the latest version

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/wireless-speakers/srs-xb33#product_details_default

I've got the same. Can't fault the price / performance ratio

Back
Top Bottom