Wilkinson Sword shaving stick, £2 delivered!!!!

This is by far the best price I have seen on these excellent sticks! I'm not affiliated with them (have ordered from them before and had a good service). Just thought people would appreciate it. I just got two as part of an order from a different supplier or I'd be all over these like a tramp on hot chips and Special Brew.

They're also (temporarily I think) doing 12 Arko sticks for £12 delivered and TOBS shaving cream pots are the cheapest I've found, too.

http://www.barberblades.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=756

Nice one. Carl. I've had good service from their ebay shop and I note they're doing the majority of the TOBS cream at £6.90 so with free delivery that's a real steal. Dr Who striketh again!

Yeah, I'm resisting the urge to buy a load of the Shaving Shop creams! Truth is I lack a TARDIS. I'm afraid the Mr. Taylors doesn't do it for me, Graeme, at least in cologne form. Smells nice but a bit bland. Reminds me of Boots' Freshwood which is £2.50 for over 100ml!

NotTheStig said:
Yeah, I'm resisting the urge to buy a load of the Shaving Shop creams! Truth is I lack a TARDIS. I'm afraid the Mr. Taylors doesn't do it for me, Graeme, at least in cologne form. Smells nice but a bit bland. Reminds me of Boots' Freshwood which is £2.50 for over 100ml!

Noses for posies, me old China! Shaving Shop ultimately doesn't do it for me (coolest name though) although I do find it quite pleasant and it does last longer than my favourite. Mr Taylor's I find to be richly intoxicating but I can't afford to keep buying either the AS or Cologne so will have to come up with a budget solution. Pinaud perhaps? Just not...........THE VEG! Carl, does it say on the Freshwood labeling anywhere whether it is made in Blighty? M&S Woodspice could be on the cards.

M&S Woodspice is very nice. The EDT lasts a long time and the balm is good. I have them and he shower gel (which is also pretty good although arguably a little more watery than some nice ones).
Shaving Shop actaully smells better in shaving cream form. Has a darker, more bitter smell. The cologne is a little light and I would prefer an EDT version but I'll just use it liberally as an aftershave substitute. The a/s gel, although a bit sticky, is closer to what I was hoping for but I should have considered that it isn't trying to be an EDT or stronger.

You may have seen I ordered a Pinaud Clubman sample today. It'll be Marmite I reckon, except I hope I like it, unlike Marmite. I presume by "THE VEG" you mean Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal, which I only read up on today. I'm not sure. Not a fan of flowery scents like rose or lavender (well, I like them as constituents. 4711 is as flowery as I get).

Just went to check the Freshwood for you but then I remembered I PIFd it to someone the other week! D'oh!

No worries, squire. I ordered a Pinaud BR sample and a Taylor's BR sample. I absolutely love Steve's Bay Rum and so does my skin and being someone who likes to make things himself, I'd much prefer to buy the all-natural, handmade, independent product but money is biting harder than ever and I might even be reaching for the sky with Taylor's BR at £19 for 250ml. Forest Fresh here we come.....

If the 'Veg' has the power or flowery piss-like scent of Pashana then I'll steer well clear. I wished there was carbolic soap in the house to scrub my arm with after the slightest of sprays od that deadly aromatic killer. There's also the dreaded 'Tres Flores' which has a fearsome reputation.

I suppose I'm looking for something that doesn't exist: an AS with a smell I love that suits my skin, lasts almost all day and is MiB. (Made in Blighty). I do like the Prof's English Pear though. Hmm....

Rattlin' on again....:angel:

Always enjoy your rattle, Graeme, so don't get out of your pram about it! :-D
What do you think of Floid original (or whatever it's called)? Smells like talcuum powder to me. Not necessarily bad but not really me.

Gairdner said:
NotTheStig said:

Noses for posies, me old China! Shaving Shop ultimately doesn't do it for me (coolest name though) although I do find it quite pleasant and it does last longer than my favourite. Mr Taylor's I find to be richly intoxicating but I can't afford to keep buying either the AS or Cologne so will have to come up with a budget solution. Pinaud perhaps? Just not...........THE VEG! Carl, does it say on the Freshwood labeling anywhere whether it is made in Blighty? M&S Woodspice could be on the cards.

I like these two as well, I find that Mr Taylors cologne lasts longer than shaving shop, though when Mr Taylors wears off after a couple of hours it smells like just applied shaving shop :icon_confused:

Interesting! Might have to try a liberal application of the Mr. Taylors sample I have and see how I get on. Thanks for the tip. I am finding the Shaving Shop cologne has a flowery tinge to it whereas I prefer the more bitter undertone of the gel and shaving cream.

Well I've pulled the trigger on.........wait for it...........one whole Wilkie stick. Yup, a whole one! Can you believe that shit?

Whoa, who's the big suspender now?

Re: RE: Wilkinson Sword shaving stick, £2 delivered!!!!

Gairdner said:
Well I've pulled the trigger on.........wait for it...........one whole Wilkie stick. Yup, a whole one! Can you believe that shit?

Whoa, who's the big suspender now?
:eek:) a stocking filler!

antdad said:
What's the scent like on the WS stick?
Have you smelt Radox bath salts? The standard blue flavour. Smells like that. A sort of pleasant washing powder type smell. Not like Arko!

I'd like to fill G-g-g-gladys's st-st-stockings with something else, thank you very much. N-Nurse! It's the top of my leg, I wish you'd take a look at the top of my leg. Sound good on the scent front too. And what a front she's got! :D

Such an innocent time. These days he would be considered a sex pest but somehow the thought never enters your mind that he was one! Of all the characters Ronnie did Arkwright is my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom