Wilkinson Sword Hollow Ground Blades

jds

I have a Wilkinson Sword 7 Day set and was wondering if anyone was aware of a blade holder that could be used to allow the blades to be honed?

If you lot don't know, no-one will.

Thanks

Jon

jds said:
I have a Wilkinson Sword 7 Day set and was wondering if anyone was aware of a blade holder that could be used to allow the blades to be honed?

If you lot don't know, no-one will.

Thanks

Jon

Did you win that one on ebay that went for a really low price at the weekend?

Yep, that was me. I was extremely surprised to pick it up for the price I did. I already own a pristine unused set and thought I'd have a punt on that in order to shave with it. I went in with the opening bid and really thought it would go silly in the last seconds, which happens when I really want something, but not on this occasion. From the pics the only thing I can see that is amiss is that there is no blade bracket, but that's a minor point.
Cheers,

Jon

I've recently picked up a W19 set as its supposedly my birth-year model (1949). I'm looking to shave with it next year to celebrate the start of official retirement (yippee). It came with the strop and a hollow ground as well as a single edge blade. I've got the original instructions, but am unsure how to 'condition' the strop. The instructions say use 'light oil'. Does that mean 3-in-1 or is there something better?

Taipan said:
I've recently picked up a W19 set as its supposedly my birth-year model (1949). I'm looking to shave with it next year to celebrate the start of official retirement (yippee). It came with the strop and a hollow ground as well as a single edge blade. I've got the original instructions, but am unsure how to 'condition' the strop. The instructions say use 'light oil'. Does that mean 3-in-1 or is there something better?

Whatever you do don't use 3 in 1!! Neatsfoot oil would be a better bet - but why not drop Neil at Strop Shop a line and see what he says before you do anything.

Back
Top Bottom