Wilkinson Sword (German)

I know that the English WS blades have/had a great reputation but I never tried them, and since they are hard to obtain wouldn't really want to. However, the local £ shop sell the current German WS blades for 3 boxes for £2 so I tried a pack. I'm liking them quite a lot and wonder if they are well regarded also or perhaps if not have they just suffered from being not as good as the English ones. Of course it might just be that my mileage has varied, but I've not been able to find many people expressing a view.

Not a fan of the German Wilkinsons nor of the "economie" Wilkinsons. The Indian ones are good (and they are cheap). I have a few UK Wilkinsons which are very good ...but hard to come by.

Big.Dave said:
I have a pack of wilkinson sword blade I got from Boots tried them in my 11c and had to stop it felt like pulling a plaster off very slowly. I will revisit later on in time but I doubt it will get better.

Those are the 'New' German Wilkinsons, I suspect. In the yellow blister pack?

I've never had much luck with the Wilkinsons, the new Germans or the old UK ones. If you like them stick with them and try others with caution - don't be swayed by fashion.

Before I became a DE shaver soon to be going straight if I like it. ( jeez to the uninformed I sound like a right horses hoof) I uses only wilkinson sword razors so logicly it made sense to try their DE blades well the ones I got from boots were awful and looking at the packaging of their own brand they are made by wilkinson sword too.

Shame I was hoping I'd like them but all I got was irritation nicks and cuts.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable ebay seller on Wilkinson Swords? (U.K./German blades)

It's been a blade I'm very comfortable with in my TTOs and I'm running out of them soon.

Thanks guys.

I mopped up my local pharmacies of all the UK made ones, I got some German ones as part of a sampler from Connaught so I know Paul has them.

Do you have a preference for either one or do you find both work well? (ashamedly I don't think I have ever opened the German ones to try them).

This guy has pillar packs in stock.They are of German origin (not UK NOS). Slightly cheaper than his ebay shop in general. Takes Paypal and free UK delivery.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.barberblades.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=be9b8360cce262df2f03bc4a0ff14363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.barberblades.co.uk/index.php ... 4a0ff14363</a><!-- m -->

Thank you guys, but in all honesty I really do not know which ones are the English and which are the German ones, really.

I do have some on the standard plastic container/pack, but also some others in the slightly larger in dimensions pack. Which one is English and which German? I do not know.

I also have a single (large size) pack with vintage ones inside, got it from Erwin (when I bought a 'Sticky' off him) and can tell you these shave like a dream...

This is where it gets confusing!! The old english ones out of the old pillar packs were the smaller container. The 'retail (german) ones are the larger pack and the new (german) pillar packs are the smaller ones.

Ok, this is what I have - I believe it is all German stuff.

From top to bottom:

1. Wilkies 5 pack, as received from Ids this year. No 'Made in xxxxxx' on either side of the blade.
2. Wilkies 5 pack, purchased in Greece this year. Blade exactly similar as the one above.
3. Vintage Wilkies, as received by Erwin. Blade exactly similar as the one above.

IMG_1426.jpg

Back
Top Bottom