Wilkinson Sword Classic / Wilkinson Sword

Are the Wilkinson Sword DE blades in the rounded white rectangular packets marked "Classic" (with a white label) the same/better/worse than those in the white, less-rounded edged rectangular plastic cases with the gold "5"s?

I've tried those with the gold 5s and they tend to tug a fair bit for me, but was tempted by the white label Classics as saw them on offer. Both appear to be made in the same location. But of course could be the same blade!

Sorry for my naff description. There are also Classics with a black label but I don't have any of those - presumably another kettle of fish?

Thanks for that. 3 packs of 5 for £2 sounds very good. I don't remember seeing a price on them (I just assumed one pack of 5 was 99p, and it was) so may have to try getting 3 and see if they go through as £2. I want to get quite a few packs of these anyway.

The Classic blades are in a rounded tray because the razor used to come with a wall fitting, with two screws, and the tray fitted in a specially shaped compartment. But now the wall fitting is no longer produced, it seems odd that the tray is still made with the rounded shape.

I found a picture of the older WS classic razor with wall fitting......

Attachments

• WSCL01T.gif
    WSCL01T.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
I'd love to have a wall fitting for my razors! The closest I have is a toothbrush holder fixed to the wall. the only razor I have that fits is my aluminium-handled Tech.
They should make these again.

Has anyone come across the 15 blade packs by Wilkinson Sword? Around £4.98 for 15 blades - 3 packs of 5 in a single pack. I wasn't sure if Poundshop sold the single 15 blade pack, or if it was 3 individual packs of 5.

I often buy a pack of 5 or 10 when I go past Wilkinsons or Boots. I found them very mild and smooth, but so mild that it's difficult to know if they are actually shaving as it feels as if there is no blade there at all. But I've never had any problems with them, but I prefer the long discontinued UK made version.

Attachments

• Wilkinson Sword 15 pack.jpg
    Wilkinson Sword 15 pack.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 12
Tim B said:
Has anyone come across the 15 blade packs by Wilkinson Sword? Around £4.98 for 15 blades - 3 packs of 5 in a single pack. I wasn't sure if Poundshop sold the single 15 blade pack, or if it was 3 individual packs of 5.

I often buy a pack of 5 or 10 when I go past Wilkinsons or Boots. I found them very mild and smooth, but so mild that it's difficult to know if they are actually shaving as it feels as if there is no blade there at all. But I've never had any problems with them, but I prefer the long discontinued UK made version.

Here's a link to an online supplier thats doing them for £3.98 and free delivery,i have used this company before and stuff arrives fairly quickly.
They also do Wilkinson Sword shaving sticks for £1.89 with free delivery.

http://www.navanti.co.uk/detail_WSMENB015A-Wilkinson-Sword-Classic-Double-Edge-Blades-Pack-of-15.html
Dave.

vlcsnap-2011-10-09-13h14m29s155.png

Personally I pop into my Type 40 TARDIS and nip to Woolyworths in 1981 where the original made in the UK versions are only 14 pence/5 pack.
Here I am perusing some Brut 33 aftershave.

On a lighter note if you can find them Brazilian made Falcon blades are very very similar to the old UK Wilkis (and are marked up "Made by Wilkinson Sword").

Tim B said:

£5 for 15 blades sounds pretty expensive?

Back
Top Bottom