Wilkinson Sword Blades ?

Can't remember if i asked this before..............what are these blades like for you guys...........who's tried them and what do you think ?
these are the ones that i see in the chemists in the pillar packs. made in Germany ????

ssl22215.jpg

hunnymonster said:
For me - nearly on a par with Merkur. I suspect they come out of the same factory...

Never tried a Merkur...i have a Pack from johnnyO that i got as part of an awsome trade he did for me..........will try one out soom
thought i read that they can be slicers !! ???

Been discussed a month or two back, if I remember correctly.

This is my favorite blade, at least so far and based on the small number of different blades I've tried.
Nothing extraordinary like shaving with a Feather, average median performance that is also relatively forgiving.
Ones pictured are German ones, U.K. ones stopped being produced quite some time ago, there is some difference between the two but not more than 30% I would say.

U.K. ones have the golden "5" on top of the sword, not below.

I hope I'm correct in the above, if not HM, Pete or someone else can correct me.

They are OK, I found them to drag a little.

BUT

For me they lack the keeness of the original UK Wilkinsons and certainly the longevity.
Closest so far were the Falcon Wilkinson Swords (made in Brazil) the Crowns are close, but no cigar.

My local pharmacist stocks these (and only these), I bought a pack 2 weeks ago just to see what they were like. I'm a bit easy oasy about them really, no strong opinion either way, but then I've only used the one. It was fine, sharp-ish, smooth-ish, but not as good as a lot of other blades I've tried, and life's too short for using middling blades for weeks on end. It won't get any better.

Did you want me to post the remaining four before you go and commit yourself to a big batch?

Canuck said:
My local pharmacist stocks these (and only these), I bought a pack 2 weeks ago just to see what they were like. I'm a bit easy oasy about them really, no strong opinion either way, but then I've only used the one. It was fine, sharp-ish, smooth-ish, but not as good as a lot of other blades I've tried, and life's too short for using middling blades for weeks on end. It won't get any better.

Did you want me to post the remaining four before you go and commit yourself to a big batch?

Cheers matey....you know what im like then :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: ....i seem to have a disorder, i cant just order 5 or 10 blades to try i order in bulk before i try :oops: :oops: , i seem to get a panic situation going through my mind, i think "well what if i like them then i wished i had ordered more.....what if i go back and no stock............................shit..................quick..................panic buy !!" :oops: :oops: :lol:

Just looking for a change from my Supermaxes, i don't really need blades...i have 2000 NOS Platinum "Swedes" and Bleues, and 1500 supermax.

just fancied a change..............i also like the sound of Astras and Sharks.............god !! it never stops does it !!! :oops:

Not sure, mine don't have a number 5 on them at all. Just a plain Wilkinson Sword logo on white card.

In the pharmacy the plastic box comes wrapped in a bubble pack on a yellow backing card.

I've got a few Astras as well, give us a shout with an address if you like and I'll send them off.

sunburyboy93 said:
some for sale on fleabay but £2.45 for 10 blades, so these with the 5 on the top are NOS then ??? from year 2000 ?

140.jpg

If they've not used a "random picture from the internet" - yes. My hopes would not be high though... loads of them use the stock pics from UK Wilks for German ones. You have to ask and usually they say something like "can't guarantee it's exactly as in the pictures"

I was once given a pack (in black, the slightly larger plastic one) from Erwin. Not sure whether they were U.K. or German ones, but was told they're 'vintage'.
Smoothest shave ever for me, plus that they take seven shaves per blade (at a moment where every other Wilkie gives me three).
I suppose these should be even harder to find.

Back
Top Bottom