Why does Tabac soap make my razor so dirty?

Well the question is in the title.

Although I get great shaves from Tabac soap it makes my razor really dirty. Is this because of the type of soap it is?

Anything else I have used just cleans up with some hot water but with Tabac I have to clean my razor after every shave with warm soapy (ironic eh) water.

I mean it's a pain I can live with, Im just curious.

Why is Tabac so popular

Bought a tub of Tabac today, to see why people are raving about it. Haven't lathered with it yet (love my own soap) but smelled it, and I must say, that smell is not for me -- way to 'soapy'. I prefer something little less flowery... More woodsy, citrusy, smoky -- you get the point.

Will check out the lather this weekend.

Henk

Tabac is certainly a "catch n release" sort of scent but I think you might prefer to catch a DR Harris Marlborough specimen.

Gawd knows why Tabac is making your razor dirtier than most.

I find Tabac leaves a scummy milky residue on the razor, but that said it's a small price to pay for the best commercial soap on the market.

Rev-O said:
I find Tabac leaves a scummy milky residue on the razor, but that said it's a small price to pay for the best commercial soap on the market.

HAvent used tabac , but I get the same residue with MWF. Must just be that type of soap?

I've noticed that tallow soaps make more of a mess of my razors, and more of a mess of the bath water. A bit of warm water and an old tooth brush has the residue gone from the razor within seconds.

Ian

or some household vinegar (acetic acid solution). Most of the scum is calcium and magnesium salts of the fatty acids (soap scum), which will readily dissolve in vinegar, or muriatic acid. I don't know whether Tabac actually gives other deposits, although I suspect that it will just be soap scum too.

Back
Top Bottom