Why do we rotate our stuff?

+ yet another one on the food analogy, which is very apposite, Professor. When it comes to razors, I've bought into the old notion that a cut throat razor should be rested between shaves, and an excellent excuse it is too.

Though I can cope with eating same thing everyday, I like the food analogy. Generally with straights, these "rest" between shaves. Don't know about others but I never used same straight. With SE, it's every other day for me.

Well..I think every answer is different... obviously everyone posts a little different
For me...I LOVE having variation in my electronics/shave gear/coffee in the AM....so this may not shock many of you :lol:

Cheers
Blades

I don't have a rotation as such, just have a drawer full of stuff that didn't make the grade during my research phase, while the good stuff is in the bathroom cupboard. Which soap/cream I use depends largely on mood, not strict rotation, same with my (now) very small brush "collection".

I still consider myself in the research phase - I guess I always will be until I have tried every product out there - however I don't think you need to try Trumper's Coconut, Trumper's Rose, Trumper's Violet etc to know if you like Trumper's soap formula in general, so that saves time!

I'm down to two razors: the HD and the Muhle R89 (if I could have the Muhle head on the HD handle, that would be sweet). Blade is now exclusively Feathers :mrgreen:

John

I have a core group of razors and blades that I use most of the time depending on my mood. Others in my collection come out 'when I feel like it'. For example, on another thread last weekend we were talking about James Bond using a Gillette Slim (Goldfinger), so, inspired by that, I dusted off my slim, loaded up with a new UK Wilkinson Sword blade and had a couple of really good shaves over the next 3 days. Variety is the spice of life etc etc :shave

Why do we rotate our stuff?

• Simply because the chicks all dig it when we do.
          • Sorry, I thought we were talking about dancing ...
              • Like the Hula, right?
                • Rotating our stuff!
                            • Hhhuuuhndt!!
                              [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                                  • Never mind; carry on.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom