Why do people go to the extend to spend considerably more for Titanium shaving hardware?

This same conversation will be had when carbon fibre razor's get made in the near future, lightweight and durable and probably will cost more than the average razor.
Does there need to be a point, a reason for using a titanium razor.
I remember this type of conversation regarding stainless steel razors but now they are common place and now they don't get a second look.
If you don't get it don't worry about it and if you do get it enjoy your shave, live and let live. :) P.

This same conversation will be had when carbon fibre razor's get made in the near future, lightweight and durable and probably will cost more than the average razor.
I remember this type of conversation regarding stainless steel razors but now they are common place and now they don't get a second look.
If you don't get it don't worry about it and if you do get it enjoy your shave, live and let live. :) P.

I'm in agreement. Even though I have no intention of buying such a razor I still like to see new products being made and producers taking these products to the market.

I think a diverse market with a variation and variety is a great thing as a Gillette Tech suits me perfectly but won't for everyone and if the Ti Razor suits their face and brings them pleasure then I could never have a problem with such a thing.

And good to see you back in action @Blademonkey

Hope you are well

If it get's folks away from carts, I say go for it.

I still say German silver is the way to go, not expensive, easy to machine, doesn't need to be plated or coated with anything, and looks like real silver.

surely money is relevant and it's just down to an individual's choice,
if you can afford expensive then (that's) what you like. i'm getting a solid gold one made once i extract all of mike tyson's teeth
all help appreciated
You make a good point there, it reminds me of a gold pocket watch my dad inherited from his Dad, my Dad wasn't into that so he gave it to his brother who loved showing off his jewellery.There are people that like to show off what money can buy.

Last edited:
You make a good point there, it reminds me of a gold pocket watch my dad inherited from his Dad, my Dad wasn't into that so he gave it to his brother who loved showing off his jewellery.There are people that like to show off what money can buy.
Very True mate but on the other hand there's people that get paid handsomely and everything is relevant.
let's be honest your not going to spend £10 on a razor if your on £100,000 per year

To echo Chris' comment, good to see you back Paul!

Very True mate but on the other hand there's people that get paid handsomely and everything is relevant.
let's be honest your not going to spend £10 on a razor if your on £100,000 per year

I agree but as a side note on this, I don't think thre is a rule... :) I know a guy who is filthy rich but lives well below his means.
years ago he asked me to help him out with some internet problems.... I thought I knew what to expect lol but I wasn't even close.... I don't expect to meet another guy like that in my life time.... £10 razor was probably just right.

It is where we need @TomG to chip in. He knows a bit or two about the relative in and outs of metals and their application. ;)
G'day Chris. Been out of the loop for most of May on field assignments - just back in the big smoke.

Both Titanium and Aluminium are actually quite reactive, but when pure metals, react with air to form a very thin passive oxide coating, which is resistant to corrosion. Titanium has the edge here in terms of corrosion resistance.

Both metals are light and strong, but again, titanium is superior - in fact, it has the highest strength to density ratio of any metal.
Titanium also has superior lustre. A technique to improve the appearance of aluminium (i.e. for car trims) is anodising, which increases the lustre, hardness, and corrsion resistance of the metal.

So, if we go to war, and our only weapon is a razor, titanium is the way to go,... lightweight and strong, and will survive the elements.

Don't want any of those soft and bendy razors made out of brass and stainless steel.

:sneaky:

Here's a question...which item is likely to be seen by the most people, a titanium razor or a titanium bike?

Back
Top Bottom