Why didn't i start this years ago ?

Hello everyone, I've just joined and its my first post. So here's a brief history.

I've never really shaved regularly due to the state my neck would get in the following day, so i just used clippers to keep it short and would shave for special occasions (or if the wife nagged me to).
For some reason (i can't remember why) i started researching wet shaving and found videos on the subject by Mantic59. Those videos encouraged me to change my ways and dive into the world of DE shaving. After some research i bought a weishi razor (supposedly good for starters), a standard badger brush, some derby blades and got an arko soap stick with them. The first two shaves i got nicked but suffered no burn. NO BURN!
I was amazed, and needless to say wanted to try different soaps/creams/balms and techniques.
The information put out there by the people who contribute on forums and for videos from the likes of Mantic59 have been invaluable in my progress to good everyday shaving, so i wish to thank you all for changing the way i shave.

Blyth Spirit said:
What ho Phil? Enjoy the forum, the banter and the lack of burn.

It's not exactly a secret and yet millions of men still mess around with the latest marketed piece of tish. We've all been there, you've crossed the line now - enjoy!!

:)

I know, i start to get angry when i see adverts now for the latest 5-bladed, battery operated expensive rubbish, and those cans of goo....ARRGGGHHH!
Anyway thats my rant for the day, i have moved from the dark side.

Hi & very welcome to the friendly forum Phil. I'd guess that you're enjoying one of the mildest razors on the market at the moment & I bet your general skin condition will improve over the next few weeks. Have fun on the journey & yeah, as already mentioned , pretty much every type of razor imaginable is represented amongst the users here.

JohnnyO. \ :D

Hello Phil. Doing down the multi-bladed razors isn't my thing, having never used one, but the price of cartridges never fails to amaze me. So welcome to the world of shaving on the cheap, or so the story goes.

Back
Top Bottom