Why did this fetch so much money?

I was looking through razors on ebay and came across this auction
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390344125972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Why did it fetch so much compared to other Aristocrats on there?

Cheers!

If anything, it's maybe a bit on the lowish side. Both the razor and the case, although a bit grubby, look to be in good condition.

I'm sure if it had been cleaned up a bit and had a few more photos it would have fetched a higher price.

Just in the last few months the prices on eBay have gone up quite a bit for anything boxed. Even if it's the wrong box!
The day and time of day that the auction is over seems to make a big difference too.

I'd say fairly unremarkable money for that model, there are other razors that are also called aristocrats but the rhodium plated English types are the true aristocrats. IMO.

I looks in fairly good order, but I have noticed even with vintage straight razors on Ebay over the last month demand is fairly high, even though a lot of these razors i'm bidding on are simply not worth what the going for to me anyway, they all are restoration jobs in the making, but there are a few buyers out there at the moment, I cannot win sweet FA at this moment in time. I am thinking of changeing my style rather than go for the restorable razor go for the far more expensive vintage models with a higher premium on them.

Jamie

I agree with the above, looks like it would clean up very nicely, so 80 quid is quite reasonable with the box.

The seller would probably have been able to get 100+ if he cleaned it up and took some good pictures of it.

Hope someone here got it, so we can see the "after" pics ;)

Max

Back
Top Bottom