Which Vintage Slant?

Greetings all,

As the title infers, I’m looking to dip my toe in the turbid waters of vintage slants. Ideally, it should be plated or plain brass but I’ll entertain Bakelite if the shaving characteristics warrant it. I’ve been having good results lately with my iKon X3 slant but I’m a vintage chap hence my request for suggestions. I care not from where it came just that it shouldn’t be overly fierce nor forbiddingly expensive. Over to you…

I Know you said you Prefer Vintage but these Modern takes on the Fasan are class.
i have the green one and love it.
The Filament is the newest edition and is different from the other 3.
I was going to buy them all until i had a chat with them and found out they were all the same just different colours.
Nonetheless it shaved well & worth the money in my book.
Phoenix do have a fourth one which was actually their first,
A glow in the dark but was never in stock,
saying that i haven’t checked in a while
455E9F4A-310E-4BD3-87E2-3C81E74823A5.png23F3BC0C-79EA-4CD2-9E41-590FF2A799DC.jpeg76361D4C-A6E4-40AA-A1C9-B9A4453C86CA.png1693A142-189F-4E4F-89C0-36826824A1C2.png

I must say I do like the playful way that PAA design their stuff. They somehow got the balance right between knowing which vintage gear to be inspired by (or knock off, or pay tribute to, ymmv) and comic book retro cool. I could not have imagined wanting a plastic slant until seeing this thread. "Fakelight" just sums up their tongue in cheek way of saying they know exactly how far to push it.

So how much are these then? (disclaimer, long week, whisky has been consumed, will hopefully fall asleep before ordering owt).

I must say I do like the playful way that PAA design their stuff. They somehow got the balance right between knowing which vintage gear to be inspired by (or knock off, or pay tribute to, ymmv) and comic book retro cool. I could not have imagined wanting a plastic slant until seeing this thread. "Fakelight" just sums up their tongue in cheek way of saying they know exactly how far to push it.

So how much are these then? (disclaimer, long week, whisky has been consumed, will hopefully fall asleep before ordering owt).
Have another whisky or five then you’ll feel so good about the world in general that you should really order me a Karve Brass with B plate and 3” handle. I said 3” handle - do get it right, old boy…;)

Cheque is in the post.

£30 from Shaving Station but looks like they're awaiting restock. They sell the green, blue and crimson:

Back
Top Bottom