Which razor is the best to test your technique? The Tech?

what do you guys think of the 70s aluminium techs like the NOS ones @Ebberman posted?

I've got a tech handle without head that looking at mr-razor.com may be a service tech from the 40s. I put on a new licenced tech head from china instead of the plastic handle to use for head shaving when traveling and like it a lot. really light and compact. wonder if another tech would be that different.

also, when people say technique, it probably means loads of different things. advice given to just work on your technique never seemed that helpful to me. practice helps a lot and you build up muscle memory and learn to feel for the right angle and pressure and get better each time. not changing too many variables at once helps too. I can say that my DE technique has improved a lot since I started using them but not sure if I'd able to explain that to someone else other than to keep practicing.

I'd probably agree that an unforgiving or aggressive razor would help you test or improve your technique better since you'd get feedback like irritation to tell you what not to do. a mild razor like a tech would hide things that need to be improved.

Back
Top Bottom