which 'oils' do you use? i.e hair, body etc

saj

hey so @donnie_arko inspired me t create this thread with his last post about the blend of oils he used for his beard,
and how theyve helped a lot, well i should say with the beard he had (RIP) lool :LOL:

i use many different oils to make beard oil like jamaican black castor oil, black seed oil, almond oil, coconut oil and many more

which oils do you guys use? doesn tjust have to be just for hair

@donnie_arko you know theres such a thing as emu oil?
this was the first youtuber i saw mentioning it few years back but ive personaly never tried it myself yet...

also this youtuber has good series on 'carrier oils' for anyone fancy watching

Whatever that last guy had to say about it must be worth a listen, his beard is like a waterfall. I, on the other hand, have a DFS face and max #4 buzz upstairs, so unless these oils can make me less creaky or fill in my 'spam doughnut' I guess it's just something to read. Although I do swear by bio oil as post shave.

Saj,

RIP to my beard as well (lol!). It was a good one. It kept my face toasty warm in the hottest ever summer.

Never heard of Emu oil! What oils are you using your beard right now? I made a beard balm which I found added too much mass to my beard and made it feel a bit heavy if that makes sense.

I had two different oil blends, a light one and a heavier one. The heavy one, was coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil, and neem oil, this one I used for my hair and beard (now just hair) during the shower, this blend is great for my skin, but due to the neem oil smelt pretty nasty!
The light one was castor oil, almond oil, and avocado oil which I'd add a few drops to my beard if I was combing out my beard during the daytime.

The oils for my beard were a game changer, I got rid off having beard druff which I'd have a lot before, and my face was a lot less itchy. I've got rid of my beard now, but I use the neem oil blend for my scalp, and I've not had any dandruff in the entire duration of using it.

Reactions: saj
Whatever that last guy had to say about it must be worth a listen, his beard is like a waterfall. I, on the other hand, have a DFS face and max #4 buzz upstairs, so unless these oils can make me less creaky or fill in my 'spam doughnut' I guess it's just something to read. Although I do swear by bio oil as post shave.
yea hes got a nice beard my God bless him

hes got some good info on his channel, been following him for a fair few years,
and bit like the shaving communit the bearded community has got som good youtubers,
i suppose its funny isnt it as total opposites lol

i heard bio oil is good for stretch marks and pregnan women seem to use it after hvaing a baby

Saj,

RIP to my beard as well (lol!). It was a good one. It kept my face toasty warm in the hottest ever summer.

Never heard of Emu oil! What oils are you using your beard right now? I made a beard balm which I found added too much mass to my beard and made it feel a bit heavy if that makes sense.

I had two different oil blends, a light one and a heavier one. The heavy one, was coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil, and neem oil, this one I used for my hair and beard (now just hair) during the shower, this blend is great for my skin, but due to the neem oil smelt pretty nasty!
The light one was castor oil, almond oil, and avocado oil which I'd add a few drops to my beard if I was combing out my beard during the daytime.

The oils for my beard were a game changer, I got rid off having beard druff which I'd have a lot before, and my face was a lot less itchy. I've got rid of my beard now, but I use the neem oil blend for my scalp, and I've not had any dandruff in the entire duration of using it.

i reckon you put too much beeswax in your beard balm,
lt of the bearded community use to use beard balm but switch to butteer instead as i doesnt leave you with that feel as it doesnt have beewax and has more shea butter which is something i love

i use all sorts, especially as you can get a good variety from asian grocery stores too

like olive oil, avocado oil, black seed oil, almond oil, coconut oil, all sorts lool

I started taking olive oil in the shower. Good grief!
You get in a mess. It's all slippy and you don't get clean. Think that's why Romans had scrapers to remove oil.
I'm not trying that lark again however some seem to like it. Read many reviews on it but gee..
I have olive soap instead now..

I have used Almond, Apricot and Grapeseed oil for shaving oils. I have used Rosehip and Jojoba for skincare, and Chia seed and Camellia oils for my scalp.

I started taking olive oil in the shower. Good grief!
You get in a mess. It's all slippy and you don't get clean. Think that's why Romans had scrapers to remove oil.
I'm not trying that lark again however some seem to like it. Read many reviews on it but gee..
I have olive soap instead now..
You may already have this but if not I can strongly recommend Aleppo soap if you enjoy a good olive oil soap.

Paul.

Nothing smells better!

2351385.jpg

Back
Top Bottom