Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
new2DE said:
Okay everyone,

I've decided on this:
http://www.theenglishshavingcompany... double edge razors@bEdwin Jagger|0|user||22| as my first razor. Don't try stop me! :p. I'm also trying to decide on a first shaving cream/soap and after shave and i'm done :D. Any tips on this front let me know :).

A good choice. ( but then anyone of them would be good :D ). I have the and EJ and a merkur 34c, and I like them both. The EJ seems more forgiving then the merkur, so might be a better starter razor?

As for soaps/creams - check out BST , there is generally some soaps/creams for sale or even piffed. for 50p, a palmolive stick from the supermarket is something you must try.

JaseB said:
for 50p, a palmolive stick from the supermarket is something you must try.
Yes it would be interesting to see how a bar of soap matches up to some proper shaving creams! Maybe I could make a science experiment of it or something! :D

They are all good you have to find what suits you. Some like long handles I like short ones, some like light weight razors I like mine heavy.

Then theres the aggressiveness and heres the rub some days I like a mild shave like a Gillette super speed and some days I want more bite so I have more then one razor but you could use an adjustable I have 2 of those. also I can make my Vintage Gillette more aggressive buy putting a sharper blade in it.

I have enough experience with wet shaving to get a close shave from any DE razor but it will not always be comfortable but I do have razors and blades that will give me a comfortable shave 100% of the time but it has been a case of trial and error.

You'll have fun finding out what suits you.

I recommend a Merkur progress it's not much to look at but how it shaves is in a league of its own.

new2DE said:
JaseB said:
for 50p, a palmolive stick from the supermarket is something you must try.
Yes it would be interesting to see how a bar of soap matches up to some proper shaving creams! Maybe I could make a science experiment of it or something! :D

This isn't just any 'bar of soap', this is the mighty Palmolive Shave Stick! :D It holds its own against pretty much any soap or cream out there. The only down-side is the scent which is not to everyone's taste, but what do you expect for 50p? Grab one next time you're shopping then either rub it on to your wet chops then lather, or grate it using a normal cheese grater in to a bowl, squish it down then swirl brush. :)

Back
Top Bottom