Which OC to replace R41?

I bought an R41 head the other day from Amazon for £19 which I thought was a very good price. Maybe it's too good !??
It's advertised as an original Muhle so I'm hoping that's what arrives and not some clone.
Are there any distinctive marks or design features that would identify an original head vs a clone ?

I bought an R41 head the other day from Amazon for £19 which I thought was a very good price. Maybe it's too good !??
It's advertised as an original Muhle so I'm hoping that's what arrives and not some clone.
Are there any distinctive marks or design features that would identify an original head vs a clone ?
You'll be fine. That's the standard rate for a genuine replacement head:

One word of warning. The screw of the FaTip is slightly different from the standard M5 used by other manufactures so standard handles could possibly damage the threads or just not fit. Despite that I wholeheartedly recommend the Lo Storto OC

It's zamak, it should be less than five bucks like others. I would spend my $20.00 on a solid brass Gillette.

Cheers. Thanks for that. I didn't even think to check the Muhle website.

siallntv1x651.jpg

Are the threads on the new ones brass?
I’m unsure but mine doesn’t look like that. Even if it corrodes like this, it still my be cheaper to replace the Zamak several times, than getting the SS one considering the entry price for the SS..

Save your money till you can afford the stainless R41. If I liked the R41 as much as you, that’d be the route for me.

Oops, I see you’ve bought the FaTip. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom