Which heads are compatible with an ESC Outlaw handle?

I've been shaving with my ESC Outlaw for a few years now and have always been quite pleased with it. However, the head is starting to go rusty in places, so I'd like to replace it. I see that the replacement heads are out of stock on the website, so I wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of other heads which would be compatible with the handle (which is in perfect condition).

ESC's website says:
The handle has a 5mm thread making it compatible with brands that use metric threads such as Muhle, Jagger and Timor.

Would heads from any other brands work? How about Fatip? Razorock? Goodfella's Smile?

Any tips gratefully received!

M5 is the standard size so you should be able to use almost any razor head. The Fatips are the exception as @exists states - these use M4.5 if I recall correctly.

Is your Outlaw the stainless razor head? If it is, the rusty should polish out easily enough.

Also, this may be a bit of a pain, but remove the blade from your razor after each shave and dry the razor. There's also some good metal polishes out there to use which should get rid of the rust as well. Or try some household product that gets rid of lime, calcium and rust such as CLR. But do not soak the head for more than a minute or two. Use an old toothbrush to facilitate the cleaning. Keep repeating until satisfied.

Is it on the inside of the head, where the metal was in contact with the blade over a longer period of time? That's probably flash rust/rust bloom and should be easily removable. Try some WD-40, let it sit for a few seconds, then rub it with a cloth. Maybe also scratch it with your fingernails or a toothbrush.
+1 to this - this is where my head is at if the rust is on the inside

Thanks for all the tips. Yes, it is on the inside of the head where it has been in contact with the blade. I'm also guilty of not letting the razor dry out properly every time (mostly when travelling). I didn't want to try anything abrasive, but I'll try some WD40 and an old toothbrush later today.

Back
Top Bottom