where to find the Mama Bear's products

Wow.. thank you.. and Happy New Year to you too Ollie and SlimJim. Honestly I never knew a person could cry this much... thought I would have dried up by now already. It can only get better as I have just been shown. 2010 will be a marvelous year for all of us! God Bless, Sue

Rev-O said:
... and a cheesy emoticon

Oh what, you're having a go at me now as well? I just like cheese, is all. Honestly, if it wasn't for people like Pig Cat I'd leave this site.

Heh, happy 2010 to everyone.

Dave

P.S. I'm christening 10th October 2010 as Binary Day (101010), help me celebrate or something. Or just help me.

P.P.S. 11th November 2011 will be something else.

too funny.. the state I live in is Wisconsin, which is famous for... er.. cheese... other states refer to Wisconsinites as cheese heads.. we wear cheese hats to the football games believe it or not.. now I am blushing... lol

Attachments

• cheesehead hat.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 159
Mama Bear said:
too funny.. the state I live in is Wisconsin, which is famous for... er.. cheese... other states refer to Wisconsinites as cheese heads.. we wear cheese hats to the football games believe it or not.. now I am blushing... lol

Cheese heads?
Whole new smutty avenue possible, maybe a bit too British, and as there are ladies present I'll refrain.

Finding it bloody hard though!

PS
Mamabear, your soaps are excellent. In general British people only make fun of people they like or trust.

I think Mama Bear should send us some sample packs of her wares!

Personally, I'd like them as stand-alone pucks -- i.e. not in a tub -- as I'm a committed face-latherer and also like to use good soaps in the bath or shower. (Too much information? You can subscribe to my videos.)

Also, my wife kids would love the colours and smells of a nice multi-pack.

Rev-O said:
I think Mama Bear should send us some sample packs of her wares!

Personally, I'd like them as stand-alone pucks -- i.e. not in a tub -- as I'm a committed face-latherer and also like to use good soaps in the bath or shower. (Too much information? You can subscribe to my videos.)

Also, my wife kids would love the colours and smells of a nice multi-pack.

Ollie
Does the above mean you use all soaps like a shave stick?

I am happy to send samples.. but my soaps only come in the tubs at this time and not in pretty colors unfortunately..

I was going to mention this before the holidays hit and the rug got pulled out from under me.. and will throw it out now if it isn't too late. Regarding my little business and International sales. Matt at Traditional Shaving really seems be a super guy, very professional, thorough and charming. But I just have a small company and can't really give much of a discount for a retailer such as him. I don't have the prices marked up to be able to accommodate that. What discount I can give him is more than eaten up by the overseas shipping cost. Then he also has to pay VAT and I am not sure what percentage that is, but I believe it is pretty substantial. So he is actually paying more to purchase my soap that my customers do with the shipping and the VAT. He and I discussed this a year ago when we first met up and he decided to work with me despite the fact that he would have to ask for a premium price in order to offer my soaps. He understands that there are many who have dealt with me directly and would probably still do so, but he felt that there was local brick and mortar business to be had other than the folks who know about me already.. and he was supportive enough of myself and my products to stick his neck out and go for it. I truly have nothing but respect for him and his support means quite a bit to me because he knows the obstactles and was stilling willing to carry my soaps.

Also, I really do appreciate that this is a man's forum and will try to keep the blankets over my head, I am honored to just be here. Sending bear hugs to all from the northwoods of Wisconsin and Happy New Year to ALL! Sue

Hi Sue

Excellent explanation. Too often we don't understand the reason for pricing goods that are imported. The key is for you to find the cheapest method of shipping commensurate with reasonable speed, and sell direct.
I bought a tub of unscented shaving soap from you - total inc shipping was £10.13. I thought that was a fair price for a great product. It's not that we need too many!

It's great to have posts from you. Please keep them coming.

While appreciating the sentiment, this is not a man's forum and although most of us live in the UK, anyone over 18 from anywhere is welcome here. Provided that they are interested in shaving and extremely pleasant. So you qualify on all counts!

I can certainly understand the problems of customs costs and the carrier's 'handling' costs; I bought a soap cutter from USA and ended up paying about £60 in total charges for an order of about £170.
The most annoying thing is that it seems to be impossible to predict the level of these charges, or at least without spending hours researching.
I've recently posted a few soaps to USA and Australia, so will be interested to hear whether there are charges at the other end.

Well, the rules are clear, so predicting what the costs SHOULD be is relatively straightforward. Since application of the rules is spotty and somewhat arbitrary (at least over here), predicting what the actual costs will be is a crap shoot...

Henk

I know and it is a farce because they are getting tax money on our money that we already got taxed on when we earned it. I understand people can and do abuse the differences in taxation but I do think it limits trade quite a bit.

Fido said:
It's great to have posts from you. Please keep them coming.

While appreciating the sentiment, this is not a man's forum and although most of us live in the UK, anyone over 18 from anywhere is welcome here. Provided that they are interested in shaving and extremely pleasant. So you qualify on all counts!

Well said Fido !

Sue, I will be coming to the states in April 2010 so I may sort out a wee group buy for interested parties and we can try to avoid those high shipping costs.Of course this is dependant on me not going over my luggage weight limit and incurring other ridiculous fees :lol:

Back
Top Bottom