where to find the Mama Bear's products

soapalchemist said:
I've recently posted a few soaps to USA and Australia, so will be interested to hear whether there are charges at the other end.

For stuff going into Australia, as long as it's not incinerated by AQIS for being living material or any one of the million other things they routinely incinerate for kicks, the per consignment limit before duty, GST etc is charged is A$1000

hi sue

i'd just like to add that your products are the ones i *most* want to try in the future as i have heard nothing but glowing reports about them. :cool: the cost by the time they are shipped over here is quite a lot, but then the exchange rate, postage fee and import duty are all beyond your control. but i believe the quality of the product will make the price worthwhile. all it means is that i won't be able to order the 8 or 10 scents that i like the sound of (actually i like the sound of most of your scents :hungrig ) all at once :lol: . i also have quite a lot of soap to get through 1st as my soap aquisition disorder has been quite something in the last few months :cool:

your passion for soap making shines through in the quality of your product and i don't think there's *any* negative feelings on here towards the fact that you're a) american, b) a woman or c) a biker.

finally, i'm sorry to hear of your personal problems and i hope 2010 is a great year for you.

all the best

I have this picture of a suitcase full of soap being smuggled into Heathrow and it has me giggling. But if a group buy like that can be put together, I would be willing to offer a discount for it.

Thank you all and Happy New Years from the bottom of my heart!

Sue

I'm going to New York at the end of the month for a few days; only ever been to America once before and that was to New Orleans (when it was still all there), so I'm quite excited about the trip. But I got very excited when I thought of the comparatively low price of many cosmetic ingredients over there, and started trying to work out how much I could squeeze into my luggage for the trip back. Only thing worrying me is that preservative is one of the things I particularly want, especially one which sounds very gentle and which I haven't been able to find a source for over here. Anyone know anything about airline rules concerning carrying chemicals??

soapalchemist said:
I'm going to New York at the end of the month for a few days; only ever been to America once before and that was to New Orleans (when it was still all there), so I'm quite excited about the trip. [...]

NYC is absolutely stunning; its everything you have heard of and more.

Top tips - for what its worth.

Despite the temptation to go up the Empire State go up to the top of the Rockerfeller first...the view of the ESB is breathtaking and it has a better view of Central Park.

Eat cheesecake at Juniors (just off Times' Square).

Get a three day pass on Greys buses; staffed by NYC 'experts' and can be used as a hop-on/off service.

Biggest tip? Enjoy it...

:p

Not as carry-on. Other than that, it's not chemicals that are regulated, but properties. Flammability, explosiveness, oxidative properties will be the defining criteria. And since you can chuck litres of 80+proof booze in your checked luggage, a few bottles of cosmetic-safe preservative won't trigger anything -- or shouldn't

Henk

Last trip to the USA I was called back to reception desk after checking in. The police wanted to interview me about the gun found in my luggage. I refused to sign a firearms certificate they presented to me.
When I produced a receipt showing it was a replica revolver from Fort Worth, I was allowed on board.
I had been an idiot - I should have explained what was in my luggage when checking in.
The police apologised for causing me any inconvenience!

Enjoy NY. Listen to Howard Stern's radio show in the morning. Outrageous!

Thanks for the tips. Now I just have to work out how to get the cosmetic ingredients to my hotel....unless anyone knows a cosmetic ingredients seller in NY?? Grey's buses sounds good, although I will have to travel in a yellow cab at least once. I'm not planning on buying any replica guns, so that shouldn't be a problem.
HWMOM went to NY about 10 years ago and loved it.....which I think is why he has bought me this trip for my birthday present.....I've been trying to persuade him to go to Nepal for ages. Hmmmmm....just had an idea for his birthday present. :lol:

Sue
NY is great. Ref the yellow cab. Wife and I got into one a few years back, asked the driver to take us back to our hotel on 52nd and 4th, or wherever it was, guy bursts into tears, apologising profusely, English not too great. He didn't know where to go as he had arrived in the States for the first time 6 hrs earlier and his 'sponsors' stuck him in a taxicab with a map and an A-Z. :eek: Felt so sorry for him I showed him where to go, explained the road layout in Manhattan to him then tipped him $5. Wonder who the daftie was :roll:

Hi R62,
I'll try to remember to buy the NY equivalent of an A-Z in the airport to cover all possibilities.
Bye the way, I'm Sharon, Mama Bear is Sue....I know it gets confusing.

My humblest apologies. As far as I'm aware only 2 ladies on the site and I still get the names wrong (always did with ladies with some catastrophic results, ahem!)

Note to self;
Call the chicks 'S'
;)

Back
Top Bottom