Where to buy Martin de Candre in England

I am interested in knowing if there are any retailers in London, or England that carry Martin de Candre shaving soap. I am interested in purchasing a couple of soap cakes in the glass jar but I live in the United States. The shipping charges from France are $42, which is more than one soap MDC soap cake. Usually when I buy shaving products from London, the shipping charges are $12-18, which is not so bad in view of the distance involved to the U.S.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Thanks,

DRW

Recently we had two MdC group buys in the forum, unfortunately (timewise) you've almost just missed them.
MdC sell their soap directly and (to my knowledge at least) have no vendors/resellers in the UK or anywhere else in continental Europe.

Your best bet would be to find another couple of guys who may still want to get the soap, and organize a small group buy. Then someone in Europe will receive all soaps and send you what you ordered.

I am not sure if it is complete yet or not, but the guys over at AfeitadoClasico.com (the Spanish forum) were organizing another group buy just recently.
If you have a look over, there may still be time to participate.

There was also one eBay auction for a used MdC wooden bowl with soap if I am not mistaken (that's the large one), it ended last Monday, soap went for 16 pounds sterling excl. delivery.

I'm afraid there isn't a MdC outlet in the UK, we've tried, UK online retailers have tried but to no avail, they won't budge.

To reduce postage significantly purchase multiple items, if I recall correctly the difference between posting one and four soaps to the UK was about 5 euros so worth organising a group buy amongst friends/members to make it more palatable. That's the only way.

That's probably their old site; it's toasted.

try this.

http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/category.php?id_category=8&id_lang=1

You won't get the stuff anywhere else in the world, so don't waste time looking. If you're in the UK, the postage probably won't suck too badly. But their jars are hefty apparently. I looked into getting some to Aus, but I have issues paying almost as much for postage as the product costs.

Drubbing said:
That's probably their old site; it's toasted.

try this.

http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/category.php?id_category=8&id_lang=1

You won't get the stuff anywhere else in the world, so don't waste time looking. If you're in the UK, the postage probably won't suck too badly. But their jars are hefty apparently. I looked into getting some to Aus, but I have issues paying almost as much for postage as the product costs.

Your going to have to treat it as a one off treat to get your head around that shipping rip-off fella, that's what i did.:icon_rolleyes:

Thanks.

Erm..... :icon_rolleyes:
Much as I would like to try it, at that price (including shipping) I'm not sure I want to try it as an experiment.

I notice that if I were to spend over 1,000 Euro then I would get free shipping.
Wooopeee!:s

Rod

Neep, keep a look out here as every few months there is a group-buy of MdeC to save on shipping.

I think if you had already tried the soap and loved it, it would even be worth a go with full shipping as it will last you ages. But if you are trying for the first time and not sure then hopefully somebody will start a group buy.

One of only two shaving products I'm still interested in trying. The other being a certain straight razor . . . spookily, the razor is also French.

joe mcclaine said:
One of only two shaving products I'm still interested in trying. The other being a certain straight razor . . . spookily, the razor is also French.

Sonny has some he will swap with you:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=10177

Pig Cat said:
joe mcclaine said:

Sonny has some he will swap with you:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=10177

I'd seen that but he's not after anything I've got.

There must be a bus load on it's way to Wales. I just ordered a 170g tin and an EDT and the postage to West Wales was £10 - not cheap, but curiosity got the better of me!! :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom