Where can I get a Feather AS-D1?

Definitely.

1. It was not available in the UK
2. I didn't pay the price stated on the West Coast Shaving web page

Rod

Interesting, Connaught had the best price on the Muhle 41R even with the shipping costs. Will they match prices if you show them a legitimate offer from another shop??

I see there is a world wide shortage, since the earth quake in Japan, the factory and production as stopped and wont be starting up production of Feather razors till end of november or begining of january, how I know this is there was someone looking to purchase one and asked on the Badger & Blade forum and one of the vendors pointed this out.

Jamie.

£140 is still a good price for European sellers. You can always buy overseas for a little less but risk customs charges which will make it more expensive.

£140 sounds a lot of money
BUT
Sheer quality of the product and the engineering puts the Feather AS-DE way above any other DE razor on the market. Add to that the aesthetics of the thing. And then add to that the sheer pleasure of using one in the daily ritual, because it really does out perform any other razor I have ever used.

Still expensive... yes.
Used each day for a year it works out at 38p per shave (plus the blade cost)
Used each day for 5 years works out at 8p per day
Certainly not cheap.

But since I got mine I rarely use any other razor. It has spoiled me.
OK.... and I like nice toys. :)

Rod

i paid £106 all in for mine was sent from singapore some chap from b & b ( marked as a gift so no import duty )

i looked at it as more of an investment ( thats what i told myself :)

is a great bit of kit and looks / feels the part aswell

Neep said:
£140 sounds a lot of money
BUT
Sheer quality of the product and the engineering puts the Feather AS-DE way above any other DE razor on the market. Add to that the aesthetics of the thing. And then add to that the sheer pleasure of using one in the daily ritual, because it really does out perform any other razor I have ever used.

Still expensive... yes.
Used each day for a year it works out at 38p per shave (plus the blade cost)
Used each day for 5 years works out at 8p per day
Certainly not cheap.

But since I got mine I rarely use any other razor. It has spoiled me.
OK.... and I like nice toys. :)

Rod

I would totally agree with Rod on that, it is a exceptionally beatifully made razor, until you actually pick one up to look at the engineering the build quality and finish of that razor, it will seriously impress anyone who as a eye for detail and quality. PS the only down side to owning that razor is, when you pick up older vintage razors you tend to judge them against that razor, or at least I do and there lies the problem, I see so many rough edges and poorly finished little flaws here and there it just doesn't work for me.

Jamie.

I used to have one of these razors. It was beautiful. Brilliantly made, great fit and finish and came in a lovely wooden box.

The downside was that the razor was just too mild. I couldn't get a good, close shave out of it without going ATG, no matter what blade I used. It was far too much money to have tied up in a razor that wasnt 'the one', so I moved it on.

Ian

I completely agree with Neep and PTSO, I use this razor exclusively, I get a bbs every time. It feels mild but delivers the best shave. Yes it costs a lot, but the quality is incomparable.

Back
Top Bottom