Where can I get a Feather AS-D1?

OK... I think I have decided to push the boat out and "invest" in a Feather AS-D1 razor.

But I can't seem to find one anywhere!
I thought I had succeeded at Connaught Shaving.... added some blades and other stuff to the cart, and then the Feather AS-D1.... "out of stock" :s
So I had to abandon the shopping cart.

So where can I buy one?
or
Tell me I am stupid for wanting such an expensive DE razor:blush:

Rod

The shaving shack, and no you are not stupid for wanting the best razor on the market, in the same way you wouldn't be stupid for wanting a Bentley if you can afford it then treat yourself, because you deserve it.

http://www.shaving-shack.com/feather-as-d1-double-edge-razor-stainless-steel.html

Jamie

Shaving Shack is considerably more expensive at £163.99 than Connaught at £132.00

But also I see "out of stock" at Shaving Shack too.

Rod

I got mine from Hairizon in Singapore. It cost me about £120 delivered. Very good to deal with, and super communications. Just Google Hairizon and Singapore and you should find their site. Shaved with mine today.

What I would like to know how much import duty you had to pay on that purchase? because this is the main reason I never purchase anything from the USA anymore, iv'e been hit every purchase from the states. No more!

Jamie.

I ordered one yesterday from West Coast Shaving in the US. Run by Mr. nice guy John who is a mod on the B&B forum.
Good price, very reasonable shipping cost, and its already shipped and on the way.

On the matter of import VAT, Jamie.
If it looks box shaped, then it is delivered by Parcel Farce, who always charge the duty. They send a 2nd class letter containing an invoice, and then hold it until you pay. They also mark the tracking "delivery attempted" when they haven't.

If it looks like a squiggy packet (Jif bag) then it gets delivered by Royal Mail (the postman or the little van) and they don't.

Rod

pugh-the-special-one said:
What I would like to know how much import duty you had to pay on that purchase? because this is the main reason I never purchase anything from the USA anymore, iv'e been hit every purchase from the states. No more!

You'll pay very little duty (they're not interested in duty until £105). You will however possibly pay plenty of VAT (20%) and the killer blow - Royal Mail/Parcel Farce's £8 handling charge. Make your purchase on the assumption that you'll get clagged with the VAT & handling charge - often it's still worth it (just less so).

Fortunately, I didn't pay a bean on my Feather from Singapore - came well packed in a Jiffy bag. I have a feeling the CN22 form may have been intentionally filled in so as to be hard to read.

I've bought a couple of watches in the past which were shipped in boxes from the US, and came via Parcel Farce at this end and got stung for about £18 in taxes and handling fees. Other watches from Singapore have usually arrived without a hitch - and without a charge.

Hiya, you damn bunch of Limey (or wherever the hell else you guys are from) enablers,

There's not many razors I'd still like to try, but that Feather's on the list. I liked it's looks the first time seeing it, and the reviews have been pretty darn good as a rule. Sheeeesh.

No desire to sample an Ikon or Pils, and nothing Cooncat Bob makes grabs me either (wrong heads on nice handles). The Feather though.....yeah, it's a primate thing.

Sheesh again,

Martin

dodgy said:
Hiya, you damn bunch of Limey (or wherever the hell else you guys are from) enablers,

There's not many razors I'd still like to try, but that Feather's on the list. I liked it's looks the first time seeing it, and the reviews have been pretty darn good as a rule. Sheeeesh.

Martin.... we really don't mind being called "Limeys". .... or "enablers" for that matter.
sm-england.gif

But I'm pleased that you have caught my excitement over this new purchase
sm-excited.gif

I was fortunate to sell a couple of my shaving brushes yesterday, so I thought I would order the new razor from the USA, and spend my money there.
I gather that you colonials need the money at the moment.
sm-whistle2.gif

Cheers
Rod

Neep said:
I was fortunate to sell a couple of my shaving brushes yesterday, so I thought I would order the new razor from the USA, and spend my money there.
I gather that you colonials need the money at the moment.
sm-whistle2.gif

Cheers
Rod

Hi Neep, where did you order from and how much.

Thanks

I ordered mine from West Coast Shaving

Their price is $179 which is £111.88
plus $11.38 (£7.12) postage

John's web site has live inventory, so if it says "in stock" then it is available.
Good guy to deal with.

Cheers
Rod

Back
Top Bottom