When shaving cream isn't available, what have you done to replace it?

I've used a shaving oil in the past, it's a good lubricant but can be a little difficult to use because it's hard to see and could lead to over shaving an area of skin, also not all shaving oils offer the same protection as others.

Paul.

With my Fusion 5 cartridge razor, i often just shave in the shower using whatever shower gel i am using at the time.

Don't recall ever tried a DE shave without proper shave product, although i have used budget shave gels which seemed little better than regular shower gel - the noticeable difference was lack of cushioning from thin gels, although they were plenty slippery enough.

I have 'successfully' lathered Pears transparent glycerine hand soap which I use to wash my face before shaving. Managed to get a half decent lather and an OK shave, not as good as shave soap but can be done in a pinch. Was probably better than my attempts with shave oil or Alphagel to be honest.

It’s hardly relevant as most DE shavers have years worth of stock piles of shaving soap/creams, so the prospect of running out is virtually nil