When shaving cream isn't available, what have you done to replace it?

I've used a shaving oil in the past, it's a good lubricant but can be a little difficult to use because it's hard to see and could lead to over shaving an area of skin, also not all shaving oils offer the same protection as others. :)

Paul.

With my Fusion 5 cartridge razor, i often just shave in the shower using whatever shower gel i am using at the time.

Don't recall ever tried a DE shave without proper shave product, although i have used budget shave gels which seemed little better than regular shower gel - the noticeable difference was lack of cushioning from thin gels, although they were plenty slippery enough.

I have 'successfully' lathered Pears transparent glycerine hand soap which I use to wash my face before shaving. Managed to get a half decent lather and an OK shave, not as good as shave soap but can be done in a pinch. Was probably better than my attempts with shave oil or Alphagel to be honest.

It’s hardly relevant as most DE shavers have years worth of stock piles of shaving soap/creams, so the prospect of running out is virtually nil

That head needs hair, or a hat, or a big bird to sit on it and hatch it!
Now-Now!...
Key And Peele Television GIF

Back
Top Bottom