What's with B&B's Butterscotch obsession?

I'm a big butterscotch fan, got some nice old ones that have either aged to that colour or were made that way.

It's warm and organic-looking. Just what you need in the chilly vicarage bathroom!

Until I get my Faberge ivory-handled snow-leopard hair brush butterscotch gives me an nice old-fashioned feel.

But that watch is . . . wrong.

Here's my dream brush, though:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150433031863&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_500wt_1182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1182</a><!-- m -->

A vintage butterscotch Rooney or Simpson is like a piece of fine furniture that has developed it's own patina, the catalin develops into that colour over time so they were not originally made that way, that makes them unique.

The better brushes are mostly at the beginning of that thread, now everybody with a vaguely butterscotch element in their brush has posted a pic and a lot of them are dogs, it was just a happy accident that they survived for so long and turned butterscotch.

These are impressive though.

butterscotch14092009%25006.jpg

Rik said:
The finest flavour of Angel Delight you can get.

I used to love that stuff!

That Kent brush is massive or the Rooney's are tiny - its at least twice as big as the next biggest. I am quite partial to the colours myself.

antdad said:
A vintage butterscotch Rooney or Simpson is like a piece of fine furniture that has developed it's own patina, the catalin develops into that colour over time so they were not originally made that way, that makes them unique.

The better brushes are mostly at the beginning of that thread, now everybody with a vaguely butterscotch element in their brush has posted a pic and a lot of them are dogs, it was just a happy accident that they survived for so long and turned butterscotch.

These are impressive though.

butterscotch14092009%25006.jpg
..Hells Bells antdad, that big Kent could kill someone! 10 minutes lathering up, attempted application - instant suffocation - as you try to fight your way out of 1/2 lb of lather!!! :lol

spandex..

spandexcodpiece said:
..Hells Bells antdad, that big Kent could kill someone! 10 minutes lathering up, attempted application - instant suffocation - as you try to fight your way out of 1/2 lb of lather!!! :lolspandex..

Unfortunately they're not mine, but I sure would like to bury my face in that big ol muff.

Back
Top Bottom