What's the best / favourite aftershave EDT on the market ?

Oh boy.

My 'Must try' list would be about 100 fragrances.

What sort of stuff do you already like?

We can split this into two quite quickly ...

Aftershaves & EDTs

For aftershaves, I would suggest starting with the classics: Brut, Blue Stratos, Old Spice & Tabac and see if the bug bites. You've got a good selection there, from complex to marine to spicy to masculine. From there, you can look into vintage or go further classic: Pinaud, for example.

EDTs, pop down to a department store, grab one of the lovely looking ladies and start with the big names, spraying onto test strips. Tell her what you're finding you like and see where the route takes. End of session, you'll hopefully have one you like - that's the one to spray on your skin, get out of the shop and see how you like it. Inside the shop, all those smells in the air will confuse things.

Reading through Basenotes and Fragrantica, you'll get more ideas about what you might like ... but DO try them first. I've hit the bottles with a list and come away having struck them all off. On paper, I should have loved 'em, on me ... nope!

I've got about 15 aftershaves after getting caught by that particular AD. i suppose you "must" try old spice and Brut because they've been around forever and are very good. Would recommend Pashana if you're looking for old school scents

as for Edts, I have about the same amount. I'm revisiting things i had years ago plus finding things out by reading and trying when in store. While it's all very individual, Quorum is very popular here and is affordable. I recommend that to start with

Gingerpose said:
How deep a rabbit hole do you want exactly :)

alice in wonderland ?

pjgh said:
We can split this into two quite quickly ...

Aftershaves & EDTs

For aftershaves, I would suggest starting with the classics: Brut, Blue Stratos, Old Spice & Tabac and see if the bug bites. You've got a good selection there, from complex to marine to spicy to masculine. From there, you can look into vintage or go further classic: Pinaud, for example.

EDTs, pop down to a department store, grab one of the lovely looking ladies and start with the big names, spraying onto test strips. Tell her what you're finding you like and see where the route takes. End of session, you'll hopefully have one you like - that's the one to spray on your skin, get out of the shop and see how you like it. Inside the shop, all those smells in the air will confuse things.

Reading through Basenotes and Fragrantica, you'll get more ideas about what you might like ... but DO try them first. I've hit the bottles with a list and come away having struck them all off. On paper, I should have loved 'em, on me ... nope!

Like where your going with this. I have had brut,old spice, tabac,million for some years more recently jovan musk love this one and no 4711 also good.

Conservative estimate - I've probably tested 1,000 smellies.

First step is to smell two or three fragrances from each fragrance 'family' - chypre, fougere, aquatic, leather, floral, citrus, oriental etc.

Once you've found one or two that really interest you, you could explore those families more deeply.

joe mcclaine said:
Conservative estimate - I've probably tested 1,000 smellies.

First step is to smell two or three fragrances from each fragrance 'family' - chypre, fougere, aquatic, leather, floral, citrus, oriental etc.

Once you've found one or two that really interest you, you could explore those families more deeply.

I'd be interested in hearing what you would consider "must try scents" from those groups.

Bear in mind there's a bit of cross-over between the groups.

So, off the top of my head;

Chypre: Aramis
Fougere: Davidoff Cool Water
Aquatic: Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey
Leather: Puig Quorum
Floral: Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male (the white bottle)
Citrus: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage
Oriental: YSL Body Kouros.

All very easy to find in most shops.

Inker said:
www.fragrancedirect.co.uk
Spent most of Sunday looking here some good deals

Google 'cheapsmells' or 'allbeauty' then have a look at 'Les Senteurs' and 'First In Fragrance'.

joe mcclaine said:
Bear in mind there's a bit of cross-over between the groups.

So, off the top of my head;

All very easy to find in most shops.

That's a very handy list, cheers!

joe mcclaine said:

Thanks... certainly given me a couple of ideas to try. The Issey Miyake is my current favourite.

Back
Top Bottom