What's a good starter fountain pen

i think for the first one u would be better at a store where u can try the nib (Once u find the type u like u can search the net for similar vintage or new)

Sunburyboy93 said:
John said:
Ok,ok I have resisted long enough, when I was kid at school there was only one Parker pen to be seen with ....... the 25 my one is still going and works,not a posh pen but reliable.
And yes I did have a fetish for pens,and NO I ain't going back there

i have a few 25's Fountain and ball pen sets very 70's looking, i really like them....

I have just nipped up stairs to get my one ,could do with a clean:blush:
As school kids we were impressed with the 25 for it's ruged and reliable design it could take the daily pounding of school life, and one was even used to stab one of the school bully's in the leg with ,outstanding.

Just done that,amazing pen,treat it like dirt,strip it, chuck it in water and clean it, dry it, put it back togher,it's good to go... But no ink *dam*

I have to confess that my handwriting is dire with a ballpoint pen,but with a fountain pen improves some what,I have written to 2 members of TSR ( who shall remain un identified, un less they step forward to snitch):icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

My collection, albeit small.

5690d5de-3c6b-265e.jpg

John said:
You ain't going to like me for this but... Go to penhome.co.uk( lock your wallets away!!! )

Shit ,now the wife has handed me a nother Parker that's belongs to me a 15 I can't even rember buying that:blush:

Re: RE: What's a good starter fountain pen

monkeytennis said:
Hi all, while in middle school I used cartridge fountain pens but have not used one for along time. What do you recommend as a starter pen/ink and where is a good place to buy from? Cheers

Do you instinctively hold a pen "properly"? If not I would definitely recommend the Lamy Safari, it has finger contours. They are widely regarded as the best of the cheap but not dirt cheap bunch. They seem to be the hip and happening poem among our current lower school, but don't let that put you off :).

For dirt cheap but with higher running costs, the disposable Pilot V-Pens are fabulous, write beautifully, and if you won't use a pen - or, say, a particular color - often, they don't dry up. I have a few lying around in strategic locations.

Both available from cult pens, whose service is beyond reproach in my experience.

Well, not looking to spend a fortune at first as I can't remember how my writing was with one, so think i will keep my eyes open for a cheap parker and go from there really! or try one of the pilot ones

This is partly why I want to move over to fountain pens as my hand writing is awful. Also thinking that like shaving having a nice pen/ink well may make it more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom