What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

Rufus said:
greyhounddad said:
One handle ?

It's a Regulator watch.

Almost. I think regulators have three sub dials; one for hours, one for minutes and one for seconds. I could be wrong though.

This has one hand and the dial marked out in five minute sections. It's the original way to use a clock (apparently) and is actually really easy to use. When you think about it, it actually makes more sense than two scales on one dial...

mattlad said:
OrangeSport said:
Monthly board meeting tomorrow, so swapped to something more dressy now to save messy about in the morning.

..... And your meeting is at what time ish.......? [emoji1]

:)

When I feel like it ish!

Hmmm, about a Regulator having to have a third dial for seconds. I've searched a couple of watch forums, but haven't come across this question being addressed. I must admit that I've never seen a Regulator without a seconds dial, but I may have and not been attuned to it. I can't think the lack of this third dial would disqualify your watch from being a Regulator. I have several wrist and pocket watches that don't have seconds hands, so the lack of a seconds measurer is not unique in watchdom.

greyhounddad said:
So what time is it on that watch?
Confused

It's 4 o'clock, if the hand was half way between 4 and 5 then it's 4:30 etc every increment on the dial is 5 minutes.

It's a question of "do you need to know exactly what the time is"? if so then a Meistersinger is not for you.
But for many "roughly what time is it" is good enough.
You can judge within a say 2-3 minutes on these watches.

Can't believe I haven't bought one...yet ;)

NotTheStig said:
Because the hand was so long i read it as 12:20. Nice watch and like the novelty factor

3:55 ;-)

Rufus said:
Hmmm, about a Regulator having to have a third dial for seconds. I've searched a couple of watch forums, but haven't come across this question being addressed. I must admit that I've never seen a Regulator without a seconds dial, but I may have and not been attuned to it. I can't think the lack of this third dial would disqualify your watch from being a Regulator. I have several wrist and pocket watches that don't have seconds hands, so the lack of a seconds measurer is not unique in watchdom.

Maybe, but I thought they should at least have hour hands and minute hands (not just one hand). Thought they were meant to be clear and accurate. I am no expert though, and am like.y to be wrong!

I have decided to go for understated today.

f800e43cc3c6537eec4907597289da21_zps1c3dcb7d.jpg

G-Shock Aviation, not nearly as nice as the previous watch but I like it.

The lume shot in my post is my one of those (which I was wearing whilst exercising):

[attachment=10532]

Attachments

• GShockAviator.jpg
    GShockAviator.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 53
My Accurist.

Nothing fancy or expensive, but bought fro me by my wife about 9 years ago. I wear it almost every day.

[attachment=10533]

The only other watch that I own is a Tissot that my parents bought me for my 21st birthday, but that only gets worn for special occasions.

Ian

Attachments

• accurist.jpg
    accurist.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom