What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

A popular Hamilton watch I've owned it for a few years but still not sure if I like the day/date complication.

View attachment 84846
That's nice. I hate complication on a watch face (despite owning one Casio tough solar anadigi (poor man's G-Shock) for days when I'm doing 'stuff', most of mine are quite minimalist.

One of my complaints about day/date is I can never read it anyway so it's useless clutter on a watch that's otherwise just batons and hands. On my Storm Slim XL "lazer" (sic) blue the microscopic date indicator just loses it a 'star'. Your Hamilton has classic field watch style with a usable legible day date, so it's legit in my opinion.

Last edited:
That's nice. I hate complication on a watch face (despite owning one Casio tough solar anadigi (poor man's G-Shock) for days when I'm doing 'stuff', most of mine are quite minimalist.

One of my complaints about day/date is I can never read it anyway so it's useless clutter on a watch that's otherwise just batons and hands. On my Storm Slim XL "lazer" (sic) blue the microscopic date indicator just loses it a 'star'. Your Hamilton has classic field watch style with a usable legible day date, so it's legit in my opinion.
As you say who needs clutter I never use the date function and the 24hr inner indices are more of the same. I've got quite a few watches and my favourites are the non date Explorer 1 and an Omega DeVille which also has a clutter free dial.

@Manstein and @hotmetal i’m with you regarding complications: less is more. All my watches, except for the Vacheron Constantin, have a date, which I rarely consult and would gladly do without. My two dive watches, an Omega Seamaster Professional and a Momentum M30, have rotating bezels as one would expect, but that comes with the territory of owning a dive watch.

...One of my complaints about day/date is I can never read it anyway so it's useless clutter on a watch that's otherwise just batons and hands. On my Storm Slim XL "lazer" (sic) blue the microscopic date indicator just loses it a 'star'...

Unfortuntately, most "Easy Reader" type day/date watches suffer that glaring defect with but a few exceptions.

If you must have complications thats a very elegant way to do it unlike the cluttered top heavy arrangement on mine.

Thank you very much sir. It is the elegance and simplicity which attracted me towards it.

The only pain is I have to wear it for a couple of hours before I can set the time otherwise it just keeps stopping. After that a day or so without wearing and it still keeps the time perfectly.

Overall a very nice and dependable watch

Back
Top Bottom