What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

Paul are the bezel inserts a "snap fit" or otherwise?

They come either with a 'sticky back', or they type that need to be glued, (or you can buy the sticky rings separately.)
This one was the sticky back type., similar to these

Last edited:
After seeing John's Duro a few weeks ago and watching it crop up time and time again on various YT videos I decided to go on the hunt. Daft prices in the UK but a bit of searching in the colonies and got one sent over for about £50 including postage. I think it crossed the Atlantic by rowing boat but it arrived today and its better than I expected

Casio Douro.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing John's Duro a few weeks ago and watching it crop up time and time again on various YT videos I decided to go on the hunt. Daft prices in the UK but a bit of searching in the colonies and got one sent over for about £50 including postage. I think it crossed the Atlantic by rowing boat but it arrived today and its better than I expected

View attachment 64375
Lovely watch, look at the mods list your mind will be blown.

IMG_20210120_231621__01.jpgIMG_20210120_231621.jpgIMG_20210120_231023.jpg

Wore the steinhart today

Glen I've bought from Meranom and Russian vendors on Ebay. I've never had any problems apart from painfully slow delivery and no problems with the watches themselves except the tinny bracelets. Budget for a new strap etc.

View attachment 62562

View attachment 62563
Have you been hit for import fee's when ordering from Meranon in Russia? Trying to work out the actual cost of $75 to be imported into the UK.

The other day I was chatting in person with a 70 something old Marine who was a Vietnam War vet and I noticed he wore an old immaculate Rolex with a green dial and just the date. When queried he said be bought it in SE Asia during the war and that just recently he had a jeweler appraise it for $13,000 U.S. He also stated that he had a black one just like it. :unsure:

View attachment 64375
Wonderful watch. My finger is hovering over the Buy it Now button for the blue version from a US eBay seller. How does it wear? Some folk say its large for a dive watch...

Wonderful watch. My finger is hovering over the Buy it Now button for the blue version from a US eBay seller. How does it wear? Some folk say its large for a dive watch...
I have a fairly thick wrist and its fine and I even like the strap which gets little praise. It's not big compared to a Marathon or this dinner plate sized Chopard Mille Miglia. Casio absolutely dominate the sub £100 sector for watches.

7D040ACE-3A22-40D0-AA48-22941C67A19F_1_201_a.jpeg

View attachment 64375
I wasn’t expecting much at the £50 mark, but was somewhat suprised by its steadfast solid feel, some years ago I noted in a picture of Bill Gates sporting one, and just presumed it’s price tag to be steep being of his his wealth, but no! Bill Gates really does use his Duro as a daly driver.

This watch found its way to my work bench I brought this new about a year ago, I unscrewed the crown to wind and set the time and date only to hear a grinding, scraping braking sound......... NICE!!! I could have sent it in under warranty for repair but the watchmaker in me gave an a ultimatum......

”If you send that watch for repair and don’t fix it yourself I’ll brake all your fingers, and throw you off a roof of a high rise building“ I’ll get to work then boss.
There was a fair bit of damage due to NO lubricant whatsoever, so a new movement was obtained, a Sellita SW200.1 at the price of £205.20p and thanks to royal mail damaging the new movement with there usual handling, several new replacement components was ordered to repair the new movement. A full strip down repair and service of the new movement later I have a +2 second a day watch and 6 weeks of time gone. 644D9B69-7165-46EF-B611-70B20B5E1AAD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom