What natural fragrance oils can I use?

I've got some almond oil but I'd like to add some smell to it, maybe citrus or something sweet, is there any inexpensive oils I can add to it?

Sent from my H1 using Tapatalk

I guess you can use whichever scent you like. But it may not turn up to your expectations because If I am not wrong, mixing essential oils to create a nice scent is a whole/complete art and science by itself. I am not an expert or anything but I remember reading somewhere that they use some ess. oils to make certain notes lasts longer and/or get certain scents to smell not so strong or strong.
I had few attempts of making aftershave/cologne type of splashes but it is way much difficult job then it sounds and results were nothing but failure and mess and waste of money etc..

I love experimenting with carrier and essential oils! I started with home brew beard oils with great success (according to my friends and family, 10ml carrier oil + 2 drops frankincense essential oil, 2 drops myrrh oil, 1 drop lavender), I make face oil for my wife and female friends(argan/hemp+lime, orange and grapefruit eo) and they swear by it and use as face cleanser/makeup remover. I have several dozens of good quality (mostly organic/virgin) essential oils and carrier oils and they give me great pleasure to play with ;). Just remember one rule, no more than 2-4% concentration in carrier oil (4-8 drops per 10ml of carrier oil). I stick to it and the results are very nice. Don't give up!

Go down to your local holland and barrett. They have a range of essential oils usually and they're only 4 to 5 quid for easily enough for your purposes. Their quality isn't the best but if you want good quality you have to spend thousands of pounds and get oil sin bulk. Or get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom