What made your day a good one

I ha
What made my weekend a good one? An eight hour round-trip to Cumbria to meet and collect the newest member of the clan. Meet the retired racing greyhound formerly known as Dark Tower, now going by the name of Angus (yep - I got away with naming him after one of my musical heroes :cool::devilish::giggle:)
For a dog that's come straight from kennels to a home environment having never done basic stuff like used stairs or been around the noise of a busy house he's adjusted amazingly. And I couldn't have asked for more with relation to his temperament with the kids. Although our rabbits' shed and enclosure have been moved to another part of the garden and been fenced in more securely:oops:

View attachment 68828View attachment 68829
Is he your first Greyhound Jester ? Or have you had them before ? Everyone I know who has them always says what wonderful dogs they are , well done for giving him a nice home , and I am sure he will be a lovely addition to the family.

I ha

Is he your first Greyhound Jester ? Or have you had them before ? Everyone I know who has them always says what wonderful dogs they are , well done for giving him a nice home , and I am sure he will be a lovely addition to the family.
First one! My father in law is a sheep farmer and decent sheepdog triallist so my wife's been around dogs all her life. He's certainly not fulfilling the "sleep all day" profile, but he is so chilled. And heavy. For what looks like a bag of bones there's some serious weight and muscle there!

2D4F0DC2-6C34-4DC3-BF77-4F8C602F3846.jpeg

I found this little fella up on the top of Dartmoor today.
13CF19AE-2A86-4744-AE9F-A444E4BB4CDD.jpeg

As you can imagine civilisation is few and far between up here. Anyway I saw him and stopped and he was extremely nervous but he eventually came to me wagging his tail. I put him in the motor where he refused to sit in the passenger seat and sat on my lap for the seven miles to the nearest village, a little place called Manaton. Lots of knocking up at he local farms and we eventually found his owner who was frantic.
I’m absolutely chuffed to bits as he was a dear little chap. I’ll miss him tonight.

View attachment 68986

View attachment 68985

As you can imagine civilisation is few and far between up here. Anyway I saw him and stopped and he was extremely nervous but he eventually came to me wagging his tail. I put him in the motor where he refused to sit in the passenger seat and sat on my lap for the seven miles to the nearest village, a little place called Manaton. Lots of knocking up at he local farms and we eventually found his owner who was frantic.
I’m absolutely chuffed to bits as he was a dear little chap. I’ll miss him tonight.
You're a good man Garry

View attachment 68986

View attachment 68985

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN
Nice one, sir
(y)

Finally got the directory of a troublesome customer into shape and synchronised to their 365 tenancy. Plain sailing now for the mail migration. It's been a lot of hard work and stepping on land mines with every turn. Ironically, hybridising their out of support and aged on-prem Exchange 2010 has been the easy part.

What? Yeah, computers ... blah blah blah. I'm a happy fellow, which is the important bit. Today has been a breakthrough.

Finally got the directory of a troublesome customer into shape and synchronised to their 365 tenancy. Plain sailing now for the mail migration. It's been a lot of hard work and stepping on land mines with every turn. Ironically, hybridising their out of support and aged on-prem Exchange 2010 has been the easy part.

What? Yeah, computers ... blah blah blah. I'm a happy fellow, which is the important bit. Today has been a breakthrough.
crazy-pug-face.jpg

Back
Top Bottom