What made your day a good one

eb77708529c1f34df4c959e9c9dbaa57.jpg

Watching a gaggle of middle aged women getting hysterical due to a mouse on the loose in an antiques shop. I caught the 'beast' with my bare hands and left it safely on a patch of waste ground a 100 so metres down the road. It's a shame they had no decent shaving gear (just the usual aluminium techs in travel sets) as I probably could have negotiated a decent discount in my role as 'the verminator'.

Just looked on Google and I am now 218,25 lbs and lost 30,86 lbs.
hope this clears things up for you!

Ok, maybe I was being a tiny bit facetious there. You really did a good job though. Idea is not to just misplace that weight for a while instead of losing it for good. All it takes is getting into a smart routine.

Martin

I was up there on Monday with my two Boys Oscar & Boris the Bedlington Terriers , walking is my greatest pleasure in life I walk on average about 40 to 50 miles every week .

Hey Jamie what's up,

You know, I remember hearing a while ago about all that walking you did through the gorse and hills and roughs and bogs and whatever else you have there. I could just not understand one thing in that other thread though, which was your reason for not putting the dogs down at all during your walk. Why insist on carrying em both like that? Is it a Welsh thing? Do the dogs hate it? Special harness/backpack for this?

I gotta say it's an odd thing buddy,

Mart

Yeah Marty it's one of those crazy sports we have in the UK like bog snorkling, we run around the hills and mountains carrying as many Dogs as possibly singing hyms & arias, It's great fun I'm sure it could become the number 1 sport in the US if it only had a few hardnosed Yankee individuals to show the rest of the population the way, maybe you could be the Man who brings Dog carrying and combine singing to the US just think what a epitaph, here lies Mr Marty great shaver and friend of all Limeys and bringer of the number one sport in the US Dog carrying & singing never to be forgotten R.I.P.

On the back of foot cramp ... not just any foot cramp, but the worst foot cramp ever (see: #28) ...

... my lovely little (big) cat Mimi (Milady) finally came in, came straight up here (to my office where I'm still typing and still trying to get rid of foot cramp), jumped on my desk and insisted upon nuzzling for a good few minutes. Cats make the world bearable, what with us all trying to kill each other or make each other's lives miserable in one way or another ... cats just make it all, well, worthwhile.

Dogs, too. Pets, generally. I'm quite agnostic when it comes to a pet - just a little friend who is not human. We've a lot to learn from our little friends.

If you've got pets, go give 'em a nuzzle.

Pets ... makes my day, anyway.

Being told I'm doing very well in my new job which is a totally new career direction, working with adults with mental health issues and learning difficulties.

Was told today that two of them had approached the team leader saying how much they liked me and working with me. Believe me they are two tough to get too individuals.

Then being asked if I would like to be a key worker for another. This is with a male who is on some serious meds and who has been in some severe trouble in the past (violence). I'm the only one in five years who has managed to engage him in anything. But he will get out of bed and work with me at the drop of a hat. Sounds bad but he is a nice bloke and I've a lot of time for him. So much so I take things in from home for him to do in his one to one support with me.

So I'm feeling rather pleased with myself.

They'll never fill your jeans though Fido ... Although who know, flares and bellbottoms may yet come back ! Good to see you popping in, hope all is well with you and yours.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom