What is your worst smelling Colgne EDT?

Horses for courses.

If you get the chance, try Secretions Magnifique . . . Blood, sand and semen.

Or Revolution . . . CS gas, urine and burnt rubber.

I've smelled stuff I might not consider wearing (mainly the modern 'fresh' stuff that women seem to like) but I've never found anything that I'd rush to wash off.

Northam Saint said:
Worse thing I ever had was only a sample of Czech & Speake Cuba. I tried a couple of times but it just stinks, something a bit like dog mess and stale tobacco.

Come, come. How many bottles do you think Czech & Speake would expect to sell if it really did smell like that?

It has a 'note' in there somewhere, granted . . . but don't humans like strong, weird scents? Blue cheese, coffee, smoked fish, petrol, tar?

You can't just wipe out 200,000 years of evolution just because 'modern man' is obsessed with smelling ... nice.

joe mcclaine said:
Horses for courses.

If you get the chance, try Secretions Magnifique . . . Blood, sand and semen.

Or Revolution . . . CS gas, urine and burnt rubber.

I've smelled stuff I might not consider wearing (mainly the modern 'fresh' stuff that women seem to like) but I've never found anything that I'd rush to wash off.

Etat Libre dOrange do some amazing stuff. I haven't tried their Secretions Magnifique but I got samples of...

Fat Electrician (vetiver, vanilla, opoponax, bitter myrrh and olivewood)
Divin Enfant (orange flower water and leather; cold tobacco and rose; mocca and musc)
Eloge du Traitre ( laurel, cloves, geranium, jasmine, patchouli and leather)
Vierges et Toreros (musc, animalics, leather, pepper, vetiver, waxen tuberose and ylang-ylang)
Noel au Balcon (wild honey, apricots and neroli blended with cinnamon, chili, vanilla and scented woods)

from here.

NkdMan do a full sample set.

joe mcclaine said:
Northam Saint said:
Worse thing I ever had was only a sample of Czech & Speake Cuba. I tried a couple of times but it just stinks, something a bit like dog mess and stale tobacco.

Come, come. How many bottles do you think Czech & Speake would expect to sell if it really did smell like that?

It has a 'note' in there somewhere, granted . . . but don't humans like strong, weird scents? Blue cheese, coffee, smoked fish, petrol, tar?

You can't just wipe out 200,000 years of evolution just because 'modern man' is obsessed with smelling ... nice.

Oh I know what you mean.

And I would say we all smell things slightly differently or there would be only one type of aftershave cologne etc .

Some may like the smell of "Cuba" but to me no thanks !

For me it would be Alt Innsbruck. I smelled the emulsion when I was quite pissed and I thought I liked it so I ordered the cologne.

I wore it once and it brought to mind tobacco, latex, werthers originals, and those pot pourri bags that old ladies have in their rooms in the care home, very powdery and sickly sweet. Thankfully one man's stinker is another man's heady passion bringer, so I manged to flog it on here to a fan for about 70% of what I paid for it. Which is nice.

I bought what I hoped was genuine proraso splash at an Egyptian market - the test vial was certainly genuine - alas, the bottle I bought wasn't. The scent in the bottle was similar to a mentholy school changing room ... once it was put on skin it had a distinct rotting flesh smell. Fortunately I didn't put it on my face.

I personally don't like anything much that was launched after the 70s.
I find the most of the modern scents too strong, too synthetic and too similar. There are so many stinkers out there that I would be very hard pressed to single one out.

One of the very few down sides of banning smoking in pubs is that, whereas once you could only smell tobacco smoke, now you can now smell everyones after shaves and perfumes.
At least they are not carcinogenic :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom