What is your usual everyday outfit?

Work: suit (with button braces), shirt (French cuffs and links), silk tie, black leather loafers. Currently I have six suits, each with two shirts and ties chosen to complement them. All worn in daily rotation, as are the three pairs of shoes.

Out: either a suit with a t-shirt (plain black, possibly long-sleeved), or black jeans, t-shirt, leather or cotton jacket depending on mood. Polished shoes with the suit, leather soft shoes with jeans.

Used to wear a lot more casual shirts and boots, but have lost the habit.

This week on a training course
Black trousers, plain shirt, lightweight jumper, Black loafer shoes

Usual day
T-shirt, jeans / chinos, jumper or fleece black trainers or shoes depending on what I'm doing

Smart
Two piece suit 'Presidential style pocket square'
White shirt with French cuffs
Dark blue silk tie
Black Oxford shoes

The school I work for has recently joined with another and become an academy. As part of that, the Principal has deemed that the whole school has to wear more professional attire and as such I have managed to fenegle Dickies shirts (embroidered with ICT section) and black trousers for my team and I.

So that's work wear!

In terms of casual, mainly jeans, trainers\boots, t-shirt and (depending on the temperature) a shirt\hoodie\jumper.

I have many of each of the above (becoming a shaving addict meant a switch from being a clothing addict) so there are always plenty of options!

casual
t-shirt
dr martans (wearing nxtgen atm)
boots usually dr martens
nxt gen fleece, thickest ive seen for a while

work

short-sleeve polo
work trousers
company fleese
dr marten safety walking boots

(walk a good couple miles everyday for work and more stairs than i care to count)

(forgot to mention for work thermals are mandatory this time of year as no heating where we are working (i say mandatory but its foolish not to)

smart

white shirt
tie
cufflinks
black trousers
black shoes
suit jacket

(if its a bar/restraunt that wont let you in with jeans you couldn't drag me in)

adult_pj_2.jpg

shrink said:
its certainly unique, in that men who seem to take so much care over their grooming and personal appearance, also seem to have a large number of people that couldnt care less what they wear lol :)

A paradox for sure!

Hmmm, true for me (nothing to be proud of in that). I wear jeans & a t-shirt every day everyday to work, in keeping with plenty of colleagues. My spending on shave-related items has far exceeded spending on clothing (since I moved from carts 19 months ago). That said though, time spent on shaving forums has at least made me think about moving toward a more "smart" look.

I have finally reached the point where I have not only retired but also withdrawn from voluntary organisations and clubs which frequently had events that forced me to dress up a bit. These days I just have the occasional need to look smart at a social event or like this week, a funeral. So it's sportswear around the house and light casual out and about. New clothing is rarely on my shopping lists these days.

Work
Blue or black combat type trousers
Blue or black polo
Marine/army issue high top leather boots

Out of work
Mainly OG combats
Various craghoppers shirts/trousers
Rugby shirts
Meindle or Aku boots (some custom Altbergs soon)

Smart
Usually a kilt with either the full formal kit or a nice shirt and pair of boots
Grey or black suit
One of too many shirts
Plain black leather shoes
Sometimes a waistcoat

Work:

Shirt with French cuffs and cuff links
Tie
Trouser and blazer, or suit (depends on what I'm doing / who I'm meeting)

Home:

Shirt with French cuffs and silk knots
or country check shirt with knitted tie
Jeans

For work:

MTP combats, shirt untucked (for the ex military that could be a shock!)
Lowa combat boots

For play

Usually jeans, timberland boots and a t-shirt, berghaus or rab fleeces and gortex.

I don't shave at weekends either!

Funny what people were saying about the great buffalo v softie debate, pretty much sorted now as a softie jacket and trouser are issue now.

For work:
Trousers, shirt, tie and a lab coat. I like to kick it old school in my pharmacy.

In the house: trackys and a hoodie

Out: usually jeans/cords, shirt, v neck and Adidas gazelles or converse

Formal: speedos and a vest or sometimes assless chaps. :)

oops forgot work

polo shirt signwritten pges and schneider (could wear any shirt if i liked)
high-vis
snickers 3212 work trousers navy blue
dr marten industrial walking boots

When I was working it would be one of four Marks & Spencer Italian suits, white shirt (M&S again), cufflinks, silk tie and black Ecco or Hotter shoes (because they have very well padded soles and insoles and I have a lower back problem). My younger colleagues (and a few of the older ones) tended to wear horribly cheap black suits - our work took us to businesses of all sizes, ranging from one-man bands through to plc's.

Now, it's a combination of jeans with t-shirt (long sleeved in winter), rugby shirt with a sweatshirt or v-neck pullover depending on the weather. Shoes are either trainers or Rockport (which are fantastically comfortable as they have Adiprene soles and insoles, developed with Adidas and are as comfortable as trainers).

Regards

Ian

Lounging around at home: Old chinos, and when my formal shirts get frayed I wear them at home.

"Country pursuits:" Moleskin trousers, wax stockman coat and an Auzzie bush hat.

Martial arts: Gi, Hakama and a silk Obi

Everyday work: Chinos, cotton shirt and a sweater in this weather.

Important meeting: Thai silk suit, cotton shirt, silk tie.

And of course a frilly lace camisole underneath.

Back
Top Bottom