What is the best cartridge/disposable razor system of all time?

A Schick injector is a one blade reusable system razor developed in the 1920's. I use an injector only when the blade is fresh, there after I use it for beard reduction instead of using a cart on a 4 day growth or a beard trimmer. Another advantage of the Schick injector is that it was designed to go against the grain without irritation.

I must admit that my rule of shaving is that the shave must be completed with one razor only.
I use a DE every other day, which works for me. The Gillette cart is used for top-up shower shaves when needed.

However, if i really want the very best shave, then its a 3 pass DE shave with touch-up passes and i finish up using just water and the Gillette fusion which is able to get into those tiny difficult areas the DE struggles with like in the mouth / nose area and also catches any odd bits of stubble - end result is the most fabulous BBS shave.

Thanks for the feed back Sabre and Zorro, very much appreciated. I must admit, as I like to shave as quickly as possible and most days, I just like to generally do one pass and complete the whole shave with only one razor and that's is probably why I am interested in establishing "What is the best cartridge/disposable razor system of all time?"
I'm not particularly a lazy person, but as previously stated, I like to get in and out of the bathroom in the quickest time possible; this may be due to the fact that for many, many years I shaved in the morning every day before work at probably 5:30 am, before jumping in the car to do 1 to 2 hour journeys, before actually getting to work; and therefore no time whatsoever to hang around in the bathroom.
Even now; my whole ablution process is carried out as quickly as possible; so no real interest in utilising two razors (or more) to complete a shave. Until I joined this Forum it would never even have occurred to me that some people would even use more than one razor for a shave.
For many, many years I shaved with and was very happy with the Gillette Sensor and used to purchase around 60/70 cartridges at a time, which would last me just over a year. I only started to look at other blades etc (and try and fail miserably with a DE SR), since the Sensors became less available (and more costly).
My ideal situation would be to find my ideal cartridge, purchase a couple of hundred of them and then not worry about it until they were beginning to run out.
Everyone to there own!

Last edited:
There's now a 3 blade razor Gillette Guard 3 which appears to have been launched recently in India. Has anybody tried it?

"lubrastrip" ... shudder!

Its likely a calculated start to the long process of moving developing Asian countries towards accepting expensive multi-blade carts as the New Normal.

I am sure the advertising will promote it as being for the more modern and more sophisticated man

personna GT5 handle (bought very cheap at a local store) with Quattro titanium carts. Reasonably cheap and very effective at least for me. When i want to really have a great BBS i use my new Dorco Pace 3d with dorco 6 blade carts.

I wrote on 16 August 2020 "I have recently been using the Gillette Slalom 2 blade disposable and I must say that I am not particularly impressed with it." I eventually came to the end of the job lot that I purchased some time ago, so I went back over to ASDA and purchased the Gillette Blue 3. Doesn't appear to be any better that the two blade razor. I must get some Gillette Guards as mentioned by Missoni and try them.

What is the best cartridge/disposable razor system of all time?​

They are all fantastic once they are thrown away, which leaves you with the wonderful opportunity to buy some proper vintage shaving gear which is a big step towards becoming a grown up. Avoid all things plastic.

Indeed the Wilkinson Sword Profile Royale

I now have six.

I prefer the three-blade cartridge razors over the five-blade models.

The extra blades affect the aerodynamics, like an air brake, thus altering their ballistic trajectory. It's still possible to throw them straight in the bin but it is a little harder than the three-bladed versions.