What is Body Spray?

I have been given an M&S 'Autograph' gift set for Christmas of Hair & Body Wash and Body Spray. I guess the Hair & Body Wash is just another way of saying shower gel, but I'm not sure what the Body Spray is all about.
Is it a cologne, is it a deodorant or is it neither?
The instructions just say 'spray 15cm from your body', which I've tried and it does smell pleasant enough so maybe that's it.

Shower in a can

Supposed to make you smell nice and most
people in the adverts seem to spray on after a shower,
which I find a little strange 'cos after a shower I smell
of soap and me...which is nice.

Ive only ever used the stuff If I'm going out after work and
think I might be a bit fuggy, and then I borrow someone else's.

The only one I use is Nancy Boy Signature, which I use alongside their Signature deodorant. I use it like I would an EDT but more liberally.
They describe it as a concentrated body spray and not a cologne based on longevity as it only lasts a few hours.
The difference in the ingredients between the 2 is as follows:
Deodorant: Natural grain alcohol, essential oil, witch hazel hydrosol, hops.
Body Spray: Natural grain alcohol, essential oil, aloe vera.

It's a "splash-on" but in a spray can. Gazza nailed it, because for blokes it's a way of covering up smells when you can't be bothered with a shower - like a weak EDT, more alcohol than an aftershave to help the carrier evaporate quickly.

I like the Autograph scent - zesty and floral. Not too deep. The EDT is very reasonably priced for a good smell that doesn't turn into toilet cleaner after half an hour ...

Body spray, as I understand it, is like an anti-perspirant without the anti-perspirant effects.
A bit of a fragrance without stopping you from sweating. Completely useless, in reality. I always have a can lying around though from giftsets and the like.

Back
Top Bottom