What have you done....

Look guys, enough is enough. I'm a naive young 39 year old, easily led and all that...

well I keep hearing of this brand on this forum, it produces shave sticks, deodorant, after shave etc. people bang on about it's great scent, it's manliness, it's nostalgia.

I was in boots earlier and saw the said aftershave, so dabbed a bit on my wrist. I instantly panicked as the aroma hit me. It was atrocious.

I jumped in the wagon and drove up the road. I parked up, went for a5 mile run, sweated immensely, showered and returned to my cab for the night.

On opening the door I was greeted by the smell again. It is odious. I'm currently in my bed with chewing gum up my nose to try and block the pungent whiff. It is honestly akin to trying to sleep in my grannies handbag. I haven't smelt a scent like that since great aunt Mildred gave me a kiss one Christmas 36 years ago.

So I will treat any further recommendations with the upmost scepticism. What did I try you cry...ladies and gentlemen, I am forever tainted by the whiff of tabac. :mad:

Dear Thrifty,

I write to convey my condolences concerning your most unfortunate experience. I too cannot stand the divisive scent that is Tabac. Put simply, it is bog awful!

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Your sincerely,
The Gairdner

Yeah that's the stuff. Rotting vegetables and a ten week old ash tray.
The shave stick performs superbly so I had to leave it topless for months, airing. It's now a mellow floral scent with just a hint of smoke. I did have to endure it for a few months though!

Hi Thrifty, your post is well written and brought a smile to my face. However, I like the soap including the smell, but I bought he aftershave off the back of liking the soap, what can I say? It's a wee bit strong and a tad over powering. It has now been relegated to the back of the aftershave shave! :icon_eek:

Think yourself lucky.
Having not smelt it, I found myself able to order a stick of soap off the Internet.

It's in the house now.

On the plus side, we don't get door to door salesmen any more.

cruciate said:
Having not smelt it, I found myself able to order a stick of soap off the Internet.

On the plus side, we don't get door to door salesmen any more.

On the down side, you probably get lots of mistaken visits from the police cadaver dogs and their handlers.

Martin

Heh, the OP has a way with words.......made me smile.

OK. unlike some of us, you are not a Tabac man.

And to clarify:

TABAC MAN

The brand

Tabac Man is for men who want to know it – and for men who know what they want. A line that accentuates the strong sides of men. And that links them to a fragrance that conjures up images of freedom, freshness and the force of the elements. Eau de toilette, after shave, deodorant and cleansing care products: the complete package for masculine radiance.

The fragrance

A fresh and modern fragrance composition, transparent and lively, with an intense woody radiance, suggestive of freedom and fantastic worlds.

The message

Pure masculinity, every day – natural and potent at the same time

Like that beer ad from years ago .... "oh, it's too strong for me .... But I like the men who drink it!!"

Personally, I think it smells awful and don't even want to be tainted by the soap. T&H for me all the way with C&S smellies afterwards!

David

I commiserate with you....Tabac...fantastic lather, bloody awful pervasive smell, old graveyard wreaths and something long dead.
Even leaving the lid of for weeks does little to get rid of it...as soon as its wetted again the awful pong reappears.

i passed someone on the road the other day, and could smell the Tabac before we were even close...I couldn't help but think..." poor bugger, someones bought him Tabac for a present and he daren't NOT wear it"

I tried a sample of the soap a while back and liked it - yes, there is something dark and musty in the aroma but I reckon it's more floral and soapy, so much so that I've asked Paul at Connaught to email me when he gets the stick back in stock. I'm wondering now whether I'll find the aroma of the stick stronger than the sample?

Back
Top Bottom