WHAT DO I NEED NOW FOR THE BEST SHAVE?

Now after chatting to you guys i have bought a super speed from frenchblade,and i have bought some BODYSHOP macca root shave creme stuff,what do i need now to get a good shave,do i need any pre shave? and what the best aftershave,i have been using lorael turbo boost (orange stuff) any help will be used!!!

hi yep i bought a brush some time ago when i was using a mach 3 :oops: thats when i started using macca root,but just wondered if there was any thing to use before and after a shave to get the best results :?

I think the majority will go with a very simple pre shave routine, maybe a bath, a hot shower, maybe a hot towel. At least a warm wash. A few use a nice pre shave product but it's not mandatory for a good shave... The most important part is do *something* to prepare and soften the beard.
Personally I do use an oil sometimes (T+H ultimate comfort) but it's not really necessary and many days I go without... I use it more as a pamper at the weekend as I love the scent and the feel of it. On the downside it makes your sink harder to clean and it's expensive stuff though it goes a long long way. But the most important thing pre shave is some heat and some moisture.

After the shave I rinse cold and apply alum and usually moisturise. Then I have a splash of something, but again it's not universal. Everyone's different.

The maca root cream is nice stuff, the smell isn't to everyone's taste but it produces a great lather.

No worries! I agree with Joe about pre-shave. Try to shave after a shower where you get your face nicely wet with hot water. If not use a hot wet flannel on your face for a minute or two to prep your face. Once you have perfected your technique you may find that no post-shave product is necessary, but even so it's a nice thing to do. Until then you probably want some sort of aftershave balm that will soothe in sore patches.

Back
Top Bottom