What constitues a nick

As the title says. do you guys call a small red spot of blood that appears through the lather a nick, or does it have to be flowing to be considered a nick or would that be a cut.

If there is actually a visible razor cut/laceration of the skin, I call it a nick.

• If it's a bit of seepage/an abrasion of the skin - where the blood wells up like a lightly squeezed sponge - that, I believe is the proverbial 'weeper'.[/list:u]

Yes I agree with Moody. These days I very rarely get worse than a nick. This sort of tiny cut will heal up pretty instantly, especially with a splash of aftershave, and spare the bathroom towel. I think they are due to me hurrying and getting the blade angle a bit wrong. Either that or a bit of skin decides to turn in to a bump to it gets caught a couple of days running before I learn to be careful with that bit.

Urban Hermit said:
If there is actually a visible razor cut/laceration of the skin, I call it a nick.

• If it's a bit of seepage/an abrasion of the skin - where the blood wells up like a lightly squeezed sponge - that, I believe is the proverbial 'weeper'.[/list:u]

• This is how i had considered it. Only had the one free flow so far from below the ear, but it stopped when i applied the second coat of lather for the next pass. Sometimes get the odd tiny blood spot show through the soap and had one area on my chin that felt like a weeping graze and ozzed clear fluid for a day or so after each shave.
    In that case i don't think i have done too bad for my first 3 weeks.(touching wood as i said that to evade a catastrophic blood letting experience tomorrow)

For me i tend to classify thusly -

Small Red blood spot that goes after water splash / Styptic - Weeper
Drawing blood with an obvious cut line / mark - Nick
Flowing blood from a cut that elicits a 'Gawd alive!' from the misuses - Thats a slice. (only ever done that once above my ear whilst head shaving with a DE for the first time)

If that's the very best you can manage then the prefix "Hero" has now been recinded & you are from this time hence known simply as "blob" ! Anything short of rivers of blood & veritable mountains of gore stained bandages just isn't manly enough for this, the most manly of all manly subject Forums.

JohnnyO. :roll:

JohnnyO said:
If that's the very best you can manage then the prefix "Hero" has now been recinded & you are from this time hence known simply as "blob" ! Anything short of rivers of blood & veritable mountains of gore stained bandages just isn't manly enough for this, the most manly of all manly subject Forums.

JohnnyO. :roll:

It appears i have 2 options.

1, Get the moderator to change my id to blob Formally known as heroblob.

Or

2, Go home tonight and cut my throat.

I managed to cut the end of my nose the other morning with a shavette I have a 1/2cm cut there now cold water alum block stopped the blood very quickly. I have had worse cuts with a DE that needed a styptic match as well. The shavette is me not being able to wait for my cut throats to come back from Neil, it has been worrying me a bit because the first time I used the shavette I nearly did a Van Gogh :p :lol: :shave :D

all fun and games this shaving lark.

Big.Dave said:
I managed to cut the end of my nose the other morning with a shavette I have a 1/2cm cut there now cold water alum block stopped the blood very quickly. I have had worse cuts with a DE that needed a styptic match as well. The shavette is me not being able to wait for my cut throats to come back from Neil, it has been worrying me a bit because the first time I used the shavette I nearly did a Van Gogh :p :lol: :shave :D

all fun and games this shaving lark.

Did that not affect your anchor point.

If it's any consolation BigD, I gave up on the shavettes as no matter how careful I was my face finished up a red ruin after each attempt ! Open straights I can handle, but the shavettes are just too manly for me !

& no H/Blobster, plse don't slit your throat .......... the offer was quite sufficient demonstration of the essential heroic quality.

JohnnyO. :(

_45214159_nick_226b.jpg

That's a nasty nick, of course (so Google leads me to believe)

JohnnyO said:
If it's any consolation BigD, I gave up on the shavettes as no matter how careful I was my face finished up a red ruin after each attempt ! Open straights I can handle, but the shavettes are just too manly for me !

& no H/Blobster, plse don't slit your throat .......... the offer was quite sufficient demonstration of the essential heroic quality.

JohnnyO. :(

I'm glad about that Johnny, i thought i was going to have to get very messy tonight.

moodymick said:
For me in order of terribleness:

a Nick - the blood Spots, :|

a Weeper - is a blood flowing Nick, :oops:

a Cut - is a straight line erm cut, :cry:

a Slice involves missing skin :eek:

That sound about right to me. A nick is one where you stop yourself before it turns into a Cut, Slice, Slash or Emergency.

Back
Top Bottom