What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very well up on Leresche razors but I know I wanted one. I've took a gamble on this one for just under £20 posted. As of now I can say the baseplate and case are genuine! Not entirely sure on the handle and can't see the cap...time will tell.

Leresche.JPG

I'm not very well up on Leresche razors but I know I wanted one. I've took a gamble on this one for just under £20 posted. As of now I can say the baseplate and case are genuine! Not entirely sure on the handle and can't see the cap...time will tell.

View attachment 15177

Nice score and it looks genuine indeed.
Thomas (Cha-wing!!) maintains one of the best Leresche sites here and I believe yours is included there as well

Waiting on an Reed & Barton Sterling razor handle.
I've been looking for one for some time but it seems that the only ones that comes up are either the silver plated ones (non-sterling), have some monograms on them and/or no case.
Happy to finally have scored one that looks good.

2502mj9.jpg

15ojdx3.jpg

Just got the email from Peter at Wolf Whiskers that he had turned the handle I had picked.
Here are "a few" photos showing it off - this one I can't wait to get. I really like how it came out!!

Peter was amazing to to deal with in helping me get exactly the brush I wanted :)

Specs:
Handle Shape: Custom DWW-3 (no top grooves)
Handle Material: Faux Tortoise
Knot: TGN Finest 22m, 2 band, set @48mm

281e99i.jpg

2eme8gm.jpg

2rpeh3o.jpg

2ry53sj.jpg

inzdwl.jpg

Nice score and it looks genuine indeed.
Thomas (Cha-wing!!) maintains one of the best Leresche sites here and I believe yours is included there as well

Nice site - bookmarked.

"Modele Plat" apparently. Still not entirely convinced by the handle but the colour could be a combination of tarnish and poor lighting. If a good clean and a bit of silver wadding fails then maybe a replate could be in order given the reasonable price paid.

Very much so - but they keep changing every time I go to the site to check I've got them right. I probably need three, really.

Did you get to chose your knot from TGN or from his stock of TGN knots? You have trodden the path before me.

You can actually do either - you can send him a favorite/new knot and he will set that in the brush or you can just select one of the ones he has in stock (which are about 50-60% TGN stuff but also some more unusual ones.

Pro-tip: When you get your order form the selection of knots on it is not "all that he has"..if he only have 1-2 of a knot he doesn't add it to the custom order sheet (as he'd have to update it as soon as he's out of that knot) - BUT if you email him and ask him what other knots he might have lying around in low quantities he'll be more than happy to tell you.

Pro-tip 2: You can always ask for a standard shape to be altered a bit for you. My brush shape is the DWW-3 shape but with none of the grooves ontop. He's more than happy to do so it seems - and, it can make your brush feel more 'personal' and in my case I thought the tortoise pattern was 'busy' enough to not need to have a lot of ridges/grooves in the handle shape. I think it worked out well.

Thanks for that, Db - off to see if my shapes can be customised and tweaked a little!

Ah! your DWW-3 tweaked is a lot like my intended TSE. I'm also after a P -70 - 1 which is a tweaked version of Odyssey. First in Burnt Oak Whisky and the second in Brown Swirl but tempted by your Tortoiseshell. Decisions! decisions!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom