What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No affiliation and no recommendation as I'm awaiting delivery. No reason to think they won't arrive, mind.

Yeah, reputed to be sharp! Up there with the Gillette Nacet? I'm curious to compare to those Rise Stainless that I found very sharp and nothing at all like anything else from Vidyut Metallics. On the pack, the Rise does say "Manufactured FOR Vidyut ..." so someone else made them, I guess.

Indeed! I've certainly clicked with the Indian sub-continent for blades.

Great find there Paul!

That seller also has the new Pearl Adjustable in stock as well if anyone's on the look for it. It's supposed to be excellent.

Have left my self a little short for the next week or two and this is the reason why..hence the recent BST posts ! I put in an offer on this which has now been accepted it’s a brand new Boker 5/8 with midnight acrylic scales and a peal tang not sure how good the boker razors are.. it’s the scales and tang combination that caught my eye
1E0B7433-E46F-4B51-9B8D-B328785E93B8.jpeg

Few more bits that I'm waiting on, besides the 100 pack of 7o'clock blacks that hasn't arrived yet...

ikon B1 slant OSS
Declaration Grooming Lamplight Penance (sounds like interesting scent, and got a good deal on it combined with ikon razor)

70 NOS gillette spoiler blades
Wickham Gothic Revival soap & balm

There goes my no purchase month down the drain... well whilst at it might get couple splashes from executive shaving too, and turn April into no purchase month (hopefully)

Few more bits that I'm waiting on, besides the 100 pack of 7o'clock blacks that hasn't arrived yet...

ikon B1 slant OSS
Declaration Grooming Lamplight Penance (sounds like interesting scent, and got a good deal on it combined with ikon razor)

70 NOS gillette spoiler blades
Wickham Gothic Revival soap & balm

There goes my no purchase month down the drain... well whilst at it might get couple splashes from executive shaving too, and turn April into no purchase month (hopefully)
Where did you source the Spoilers from?

I've never seen them on sale!

What’s everyone’s experience ordering from Maggards?

I understand it has to be under the value of $135 to avoid import fees?

Does it work out cheaper going with them or paying the higher price at UK vendors?
I made a purchase of 3 soaps recently - came within reasonable timeframe - about 3 weeks i believe, with their cheapest postage option.

2 B&M soaps (terror, LGC) and chiseled face cryogen with postage came to £55, so I think if you're not in rush (or they have something you want and can't get it here - in my case couldn't find Terror soap) then go for it.

I made a purchase of 3 soaps recently - came within reasonable timeframe - about 3 weeks i believe, with their cheapest postage option.

2 B&M soaps (terror, LGC) and chiseled face cryogen with postage came to £55, so I think if you're not in rush (or they have something you want and can't get it here - in my case couldn't find Terror soap) then go for it.

Did that work out cheaper than buying from the UK? I’m guessing you didn’t get stung with customs charges or RM fees?

Did that work out cheaper than buying from the UK? I’m guessing you didn’t get stung with customs charges or RM fees?
I believe so - LE GRAND CHYPRE on it's own is £22.95 from slickboys. Terror soap I couldn't find anywhere in stock, but again slickboys were selling it for £21.95. Chiseled face can be delivered from etsy, but it's £13 ish for the soap and £10 for delivery. All in all definitely came out cheaper

No, luckily I didn't!

I believe so - LE GRAND CHYPRE on it's own is £22.95 from slickboys. Terror soap I couldn't find anywhere in stock, but again slickboys were selling it for £21.95. Chiseled face can be delivered from etsy, but it's £13 ish for the soap and £10 for delivery. All in all definitely came out cheaper

No, luckily I didn't!

That’s encouraging. I think I may make an order tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom