What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good friend is sending me a Rockwell Elite titanium-coated handle to complement my Carbon Damascus and Mokume-gane razor heads.
QZoB0DN.jpg
vK5VWLb.jpg
PPlScdL.jpg

I bought my first ever vintage razor on eBay today! A nice looking Ever Ready 1912 in its original case and even with the original instruction leaflet. I'm looking forward to my first shave with this once it arrives.

Excellent...if it contains original blades, don't use them! I think modern Gems will be fine but keeping the original blades in the pack should help retain collector value...you'll thank me in 50 years time! Oh...shit...I won't be around then :unsure: I know, live for the moment...use them!(y) I bet you're glad you get such sound advice here aren't you? No need to thank me.

Excellent...if it contains original blades, don't use them! I think modern Gems will be fine but keeping the original blades in the pack should help retain collector value...you'll thank me in 50 years time! Oh...shit...I won't be around then :unsure: I know, live for the moment...use them!(y) I bet you're glad you get such sound advice here aren't you? No need to thank me.
From what I've heard those vintage blades will be a little grabby compared to modern GEM SS blades, just keep them.

="danielb193, post: 797131, member: 10982"]
Thanks all. Don't worry, I won't try to use the vintage blade!
[/QUOTE]
Why not? What's wrong with vintage? You young upstart modernist person you...why, you deserve a modern smack (in a totally modern and non-abusive and entirely theoretical way, of course) are you saying we older and vintage people are simply not worth it? My goodness...what is this world coming to?"

="danielb193, post: 797131, member: 10982"]
Thanks all. Don't worry, I won't try to use the vintage blade!
Why not? What's wrong with vintage? You young upstart modernist person you...why, you deserve a modern smack (in a totally modern and non-abusive and entirely theoretical way, of course) are you saying we older and vintage people are simply not worth it? My goodness...what is this world coming to?"
[/QUOTE]
You forgot to take your pills again?

1597403364338.png

I've just finished a ten year-old tube of Proraso green. It only comes out a few times every year when it is hot and humid - this year it has been used continuously through out August - wonderful stuff for the hot weather. At only £10.50 delivered from La Barbiera, terrific value also. Judging by the rate at which climate change is accelerating this new barber size bladder will probably only last me a year or so :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom