What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrif said:
Some forum recommendations.

41Tu00ewMEL._SY355_.jpg

81QQsfgjUUL._SY355_.jpg
I really like the Cobalt, it's a really big, ballsy scent (for want of a better expression)

pjgh said:
Oh, now you've done it ... you buy one, like it, buy another as a back-up because the one you have is really nice and it's a shame to shave with it, you buy a third, before you know it you've got a dozen, then twenty, then fifity ... it's started! :D

At least they are all three different models.
Yes, I'm trying to justify myself :)

pjgh said:
Oh, indeed ... and once you've get several all the same, it'll be "that one has a spot there, this one a scratch there ..." :D

Nope - at the end of 2015 my year of experimenting will be over and I will pick the 12 razors that I truly want to keep and sell off all other razors.

That. Is the plan.

Should have a Gillette slim and a mystery Gillette Bakelite landing shortly. Have some soap and aftershave coming from the USA that should be arriving next week too.

My fascination with French razors continue - both DEs and SEs - and added a Le Touriste No 2 to the 'collection'.
At $35 it was a bit more than I wanted to pay but it comes with some wedge/hollow ground blades by different manufacturers that I am curious about to see if they can be honed up.
28usktc.jpg

I have a certain soft spot for Swedish DE razors..and there were a surprising amount of them made back in the days.

I managed to buy not less than three of them in a lot and they should be here in oh, a couple of weeks or so...

They are;
- Strivel stainless steel razor with built-in internal stropping functionality,
- Swing razor (a rather unusual one), and
- Matador Deluxe.

The Strivel takes an old-style 3-hole razor blade. Luckily for me the seller had a bunch in great condition and will include them for free and they are also not too hard to find online.

Some photos for anyone interested:

1 - The Strivel Stainless Steel

In case you don't know how a Strivel operates - come on, of course you do...but just in case you don't here's a video showing the razor AND the stropping mechanism - I highly recommend watching that part! :)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTdssmIWQ9E[/video]

Some pics:
nh12x4.jpg

bjhedl.jpg

24evpt5.jpg

27x3q6w.jpg

2 - A rather rare version of a Swing razor

1zwozkk.jpg

2zyd55w.jpg

3 - Matador Deluxe

2wqa4pg.jpg

2dubgac.jpg

So a small Swedish invasion is making its vodkadrinking, meatballchewing way to me.

Finished my taxes; signed, paid, posted! Bought the following to reward myself:[attachment=13651]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428706931.933287.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428706931.933287.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 30
Darkbulb said:
I thought this was a good time to buy my first full-sized, glass bottle of Myrsol.

Ordered this one as it seems..interesting:

myrsolplasticshave.jpg

I have tried this one, formula c, blue, formula f, the balsamica one and the emulsion. The Plastic Shave is the best (jointly the Emulsion, but that's a balm)

pjgh said:
Oh, now you've done it ... you buy one, like it, buy another as a back-up because the one you have is really nice and it's a shame to shave with it, you buy a third, before you know it you've got a dozen, then twenty, then fifity ... it's started! :D
Hi Paul.
Dark bulb is different !, he has said that if they do not rate highly in his Shave Ratings, they will be sold on. Guess a few TSR members will be looking out for the Fall Out.
Mike

mpf9ret said:
Dark bulb is different !, he has said that if they do not rate highly in his Shave Ratings, they will be sold on. Guess a few TSR members will be looking out for the Fall Out.
Mike

Darkbulb said:
Mrchick said:
I'll believe Darkbulb is different when he sells me a few[emoji1]

You have to wait until the end of the year :)

It's gonna be interesting to see how many of the very unusual razors will be available for sale. It's possible they all might end up taking DB over. I will pray for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom